Lexmark Data Transformer v3.3
Lexmark Data Transformer v3.3 provides data sort, conditional logic, mathematical manipulation and document routing capabilities.
Data Transformer consists of three applications:
1. Data Transformer, a server application which processes incoming data based upon a previously generated script; 2. Data Config, a server application used to initialize Data Transformer; 3. Data Composer, a script generation tool. Use Microsoft scripting language: Visual Basic Scripting or JScript for script creation.
Script-based software separates a batch spool file into multiple documents in one scripted step.
Each separate Windows print queue having a unique assigned script enables a different process for each batch spool file.
Using a single script, automatically send a batch job to a group of destinations including Lexmark printers and multifunction products.
Customize and redirect a host spool file containing a single document.
Scripts can be created and customized to perform a process on individual jobs within a batch spool file, insert pages (fax cover or separator) or print-ready files between individual jobs, sort individual jobs (by zip code for bulk mail) or divide output among a group of printers.
Consideration - performance and processor requirements:
Network bandwidth, i.e., WAN speed and traffic, dial-up or T1; Size and properties of transaction, i.e., number of pages, resolution; Schedule peaks, i.e., number of simultaneous server connections.
For Data Composer:
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional (SP4)
- Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP1 or SP2
For Data Transformer Server, Data Config:
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Server (SP4)
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition
- Recommended minimum RAM and disk requirements - dedicated server with 512MB RAM and 512MB free disk space