Your decision to implement an electronic medical record (EMR) makes a strong statement about your commitment and dedication to patient care. Chances are, however, that patient information exists outside your EMR and your clinicians are working with an incomplete patient story. Clinical images are stored in departmental systems. Endoscopy videos are stored on the network. Clinicians track wound care with digital photos stored on USB drives and memory cards. Does your EMR environment incorporate such documentation? Are your physicians forced to leave their EMR to access content stored in department systems?
A more complete patient record hinges on integration. Lexmark Healthcare’s innovative solutions are developed to complement the leading EMRs such as Epic, Cerner, McKesson, MEDITECH, Allscripts and more. Our solutions meet industry standards and take advantage of available API integrations made available by the EMR vendors. In addition to APIs, our solutions adhere to standards such as HL7, DICOM, and XDS interoperability.
Lexmark Healthcare solutions are leading edge — giving clinician’s one holistic view of patient information throughout its lifecycle from within their existing environment. Our solutions for EMR integration offer hospitals:
- Immediate access to clinical content and documents within the EMR
- Deep integration that enables our solutions to align with your workflow and processes
- Ability to maintain patient context between displayed content and the EMR record
- Flexible integration methods including our patented LearnMode technology, HL7 and an advanced API approach
- Ability to display a variety of content from the EMR including clinical images, photos, videos and documents