Equipment Maintenance Technician
Seeking a maintenance Technician with machine maintenance experience. Job duties may include dismantle, adjust, repair, and assemble equipment according to layout plans, blueprints, operating or repair manuals, rough sketches or drawings. Uses test and diagnostic equipment to perform checkouts. Perform equipment modifications as directed by manufacturing engineers.
This is a third shift position at a chemical manufacturing site in Boulder Colorado with a wide variety of process equipment. Maintenance cross training provides maintenance personnel the opportunity to repair machine equipment across site operations.
- A degree in AAS/Maintenance Electrician, Maintenance Electrician Certification, Maintenance Industrial Electrician or equivalent.
- 3-4 years’ experience in industrial setting.
- Experience with voltages up to 480 v.
- Responsible for performing electrical or mechanical troubleshooting to determine problems in non-functioning electro-mechanical equipment used in manufacturing throughout the site.
- Have 3-4 years maintenance manufacturing a plus
- Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on, motors, pneumatic tools, lubrication, conveyor systems, and production machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, maintenance procedures and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions. Perform lubrications and calibrations when required
- High school diploma or GED. AA degree in Maintenance or Certification preferred
- Strong computer skills Micro Soft Office as well as computerized maintenance management systems experience preferred
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work effectively in a team environment with people of varying skills and backgrounds
- Highly motivated and self-directed
- Ability to read and interpret electrical schematics
- Able to wear the appropriate PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) to:
- Work in a dusty environment
- Work in an environment where chemical vapors exist
- Training that may be required:
- Confined space entry
- Hearing conservation program
- Forklift/Powered vehicle license
- Wearing a respirator
- Able to maintain the necessary, sometimes awkward, postures for extended periods of time to access process equipment. These include, but may not be limited to: standing, walking, bending, crawling, crouching, stooping, and twisting
- Able to ascend and descend stairs frequently (up to 20 times each, per 8 hour shift)
- Able to ascend and descend a ladder, up to 40 feet
- Able to ascend and descend a step ladder, up to 20 feet
- Able to work in inclement weather while wearing the appropriate weather gear
- Able to ascend and descend up to 2 flights of stairs while carrying a maximum load of 35 lbs
- Able to lift up to 25 lbs overhead
- Able to safely enter control voltage up to 480V
- Able to use a computer, keyboard, and mouse
- Able to work effectively in a team environment
- Consistent, good eye-hand coordination
- Adequate strength and dexterity in both hands to utilize multiple hand, power, and mobile tools