The Lexmark Business Consultant (BC) is the lead consulting and analytical lead within the Lexmark large account sales teams. The BC is responsible for the delivery of consulting assessments that demonstrate cost reduction, business process improvement, and increased customer satisfaction through fleet optimization and streamlined document workflow.
- Effectiveness and efficiency of consulting engagements
- Solutions attachment to sales opportunities
- Personal skills development and ability to improve skills of peers and sales team members
- 80/20 sales plan, with leveraged component (20 percent) comprised of regional and national revenue targets
- Customer benchmarking assessments and recommendations for improvement
- Sustainability analysis
- Business case development
- Roadmap for customer transition from current state to future state, including change management approach and risk mitigation
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Consults with customers as a subject matter expert, providing insight into potential solutions that create value and improve the customer business performance
- Generates complete optimization plans for customers including:
- Current state analysis
- Future state design
- Opportunities for workflow enhancements
- Business case development, including sustainability impact
- Change management and implementation implications
- Employs knowledge of the market, industry and customer metrics to estimate opportunities within accounts for cost savings and process improvement
- Responsible for the creation and execution of statements of work and project plans for customer engagements
- Participates with sales lead to develop proposals and RFP responses.
- Support operations team in defining and executing projects in Managed Print Service (MPS) accounts that grow the install base of branded hardware and usage of supplies.
- Responsible for continuous improvement initiatives in MPS accounts, turning data into actionable customer recommendations and projects.
EXPERIENCE AND BACKGROUND:
- Strong analytical/procedural background preferably in output management
- Experience with managing multiple complex projects; preferably with multi-disciplined teams
- Significant experience interacting with Fortune 500 customers
- A minimum of five (5) years relevant experience
- Proficient presentation and analytical skills (PowerPoint, Excel)
- MS Visio and MS Access preferred; working knowledge and MS office suite advance skills are required.
- Minitab experience is a bonus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to apply a systematic approach to problem solving through analysis of the problem and evaluation of alternative solutions.
- Ability to think creatively and apply innovative approaches to business problems and opportunities.
- Experience in documenting current and future state business/operations processes
- Demonstrated ability to influence & negotiate
- Bilingual (French & English) preferred
- Individual must demonstrate a high level of business maturity, in appearance, focus, poise and alertness; ability to get along well with diverse personalities—mature—flexible
- High energy level, comfortable performing multifaceted projects in conjunction with normal activities
- Strong analytical and reasoning abilities. Mindset that enables solving complex problems in a fast-paced environment. Able to develop and adapt business processes after evaluating multiple solutions
- Strong leadership skills, ability to direct and motivate team members
EDUCATION / CERTIFICATIONS:
- BA/BS degree in Business or equivalent experience required
- Six Sigma experience preferred
- PMP certification preferred
- Change Management (Prosci) experience preferred