Services Program Manager - Calgary
The Managed Services Operations - Services Program Manager (SPM) is responsible for managing and leading individuals or teams to manage and grow existing Lexmark managed services customers. Customer-facing role that is directly responsible for managing the delivery of contracted Managed Services and Solutions as defined in the SOW to Client’s satisfaction. Responsible to build a high- trust relationship with multiple levels within the Client environment. Work in partnership with Client, becoming a credible advisor on fleet and business optimization and sought as a key resource for resolution of unique or complex business problems. The SPM will also coordinate the efforts of all services operations resources (Customer Operations Managers and Site Operations Managers) in one or more accounts to deliver all contracted services to expected levels. Finally, the SPM will work with their team to grow their managed services accounts with new services and solutions on an annual basis.
- Planned Revenue Attainment and Growth
- Contract Renewal
- Customer Satisfaction
- Billing Timeliness
- Customer SLA attainment
- Solutions Penetration
- Solution Summary
- Statement of Work (SOW)
- Project Plan
- Key Process Flows (MADC, Order Mgmt, Manual Meter Read Collection, Escalation Process Procedures, etc.)
- Quarterly Business Reviews
- Resource Plan
- Financial Status Report / Action Plan
- Customer Operational Metrics Status Report / Action Plan
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible to manage a team of Customer Operations Managers and Site Operations Managers who manage the execution of one or more Managed Print Services contracts for multiple large accounts and/or multiple complex small accounts.
- Ensure direct reports execute and deliver Lexmark’s contractual responsibilities for each managed services client, which can be highly complex and require a focus on steady state operational elements, profitability and growth. Ensure all elements of the contract are delivered within the budget while meeting customer satisfaction expectations.
- Responsible for management and execution of a Managed Services Statement of Work for multiple large accounts and/or multiple complex, small accounts. Customer Output Environments vary from hundreds to thousands of installed devices with revenues typically >$15M based on region.
- Manage all aspects of the day-to-day operations such as install base accuracy, hardware orders, device change management, issue resolution, client training needs, consumables forecasts, client on-hand inventories, toner reconciliation, consumables, vendor management, normal business as usual activities
- Coordinates and holds regular communication with the internal team regarding the status of each managed services account. Tracks team progress and conducts status meetings both internally and externally
- Ensure strict adherence to Governance model within each account; Responsible for leading Quarterly Business Reviews with customers
- Holds team accountable to their roles and responsibilities required to support contracted service delivery to the Customer
- Support Quarterly Business Reviews. Responsible to understand client priority business initiatives and demonstrate the value of Lexmark via recommended actions and implemented improvements. Demonstrate expertise and excellence in identifying business related and output solutions opportunities as well as optimization and other recommendations that will save time and expense for the client in these face to face executive reviews
- Responsible to maximize team results and advance the interest of the company. Ensure team remains motivated, rewarded and focused on delivering an exceptional customer experience.
- Responsible to build a high trust relationship with multiple levels within the Customer environment. Consults with Customer as Subject Matter Expert, providing insight into potential solutions that create value and improve the Customer business performance.
- Fiduciary responsibility for ongoing operations including cost management, accounts receivable and gross margin; develop, implement and monitor expense control for assigned business region.
- Responsible to manage the successful services delivery in such a manner that Lexmark experiences 100% customer retention.
- Demonstrates discipline in following standard practices and develops or enhances practices as needed by the Customer or Lexmark.
- Ensure team is identifying emerging or new business opportunities and supports collaboration with Customers as needed.
- Demonstrates continuous improvement aimed toward achieving operational excellence in Customer Operations across all areas and functions
- Coaches and mentors Customer Operations Managers in their development and delivery of daily functions
EXPERIENCE AND BACKGROUND:
- 15+ years experience in an operations management role
- Strong analytical/procedural background with a minimum of fifteen (15) or more years in operational or consulting roles.
- Experience managing multi-disciplined, potentially internationally dispersed teams & Managing Directs with Directs
- Experience with managing multiple direct reports who are responsible for managing customer contracts.
- Significant experience interacting with customers, including executives.
- Significant experience in developing and delivering presentations for line of business and senior executives.
- Experience applying business management, financial concepts and contracts knowledge to analyze customer needs and deliver recommendations.
- Experience with the delivery of operations through the use of technology solutions.
- Experience in developing/managing budgets and critical business KPIs.
- Experience working in and navigating through a matrix organization to obtain information or desired results.
- Previous responsibility for directly managing a P&L Statement
- Demonstrated ability to influence & negotiate
- Experience in documenting current and future state business/operations processes
- Strong project management skills with the ability to lead International Project Teams & International Scope Projects
- Demonstrated effective communication skills, able to present and demonstrate complex procedures and proposals to multi-functional, diverse groups
- Demonstrated ability to develop and communicate high impact messages and complex ideas in an effective, concise fashion in both verbal and written format
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite applications including, word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software. MS Visio and MS Access preferred; working knowledge and MS office suite basic skills are required
- Demonstrated ability to apply a systematic approach to problem solving; able to identify and thoroughly analyze and provide solutions to the problem
- Well-developed management skills—principles and people
- Demonstrated ability to create detailed plans and execute facilitation of plans
- Individual must demonstrate a high level of business acumen; ability to get along well with diverse personalities—flexible
- Strong analytical and reasoning abilities. Mindset that enables solving complex problems in a fast-paced environment while delivering on service promises. Able to develop and adapt business processes after evaluating multiple solutions
- Able to maintain both a short and long term vision around business trends and strategies
- Able to contribute to the development of current and future service delivery offerings to support the overall client relationship needs
- Exercises sound, prudent and ethical business judgment at all times
- Understands cross-cultural business practices; demonstrates a sensitivity and awareness to other people and culture. Possess ability to build rapport with a diverse workforce in multicultural settings
- Possess strong negotiation skills; demonstrated ability to influence and negotiate required
- Able to manage multiple initiatives at one time. Comfortable performing multifaceted projects in conjunction with normal activities in a demanding, fast-paced work environment
- Can think big picture and also demonstrate an ability to be detail oriented; anticipate and know when to get into the details
- Strong leadership skills with a “hands-on” management style to direct and motivate employees
- BA/BS/BBA degree in Business or equivalent experience
- English language fluency
- Six Sigma, Lean, TQM or other business process improvement methodology preferred
- PMP, CMM certification preferred
- MBA in administration or operations a plus
- ITIL / ITSM experience; certification preferred