Sales Engineer - Canada
The Sales Engineer/Solution Consultant for Canada is part of the sales organization and acts as a technical and functional expert as part of the sales process for both prospective and existing customers.
The SE works directly with Account Executives and has the ability to effectively communicate the value of Perceptive solutions, both functionally and technically, to a variety of audiences. This includes the ability to uncover business requirements, develop a technical sales strategy, create tailored demonstrations, and effectively present solutions that address the customer’s requirements.
- Proven experience in a technical pre-sales or post-sales role.
- Experience in designing tailored product demonstrations along with facilitating technological communications at an executive level.
- The candidate will be familiar with and be able to intelligently speak to all the technologies involved in providing turnkey, enterprise solutions in a complicated business environment. Topics potentially discussed include the use and applicability of document imaging/management and workflow solutions, business process mining and management, enterprise/federated search concepts, relational database management systems, and application integration/interfacing capabilities.
- The ideal candidate will possess line-of-business specific process knowledge. This includes familiarity with processes that occur in the following industries: Financial Services, Manufacturing/Retail, Government, Healthcare, and Higher Education.
- A bachelor's degree in a technical discipline with 3 to 5 years software applications experience is preferred. Priority consideration will be given to resumes that clearly demonstrate candidate's knowledge and experience with some of following base technologies:
- ERP system knowledge: PeopleSoft, Lawson, Microsoft Dynamics, Oracle EBS, SAP, others
- Operating Systems: Windows, Linux, HP/UX, IBM AIX
- RDBMS: Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle
- Interface/Integration: EDI, Web Services, HL7
- The ideal candidate should have excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to articulate complex technical issues in a concise and polished manner to a diverse audience. Most importantly, the candidate must demonstrate the ability to listen to the customer and appropriately match the customer’s needs and desires with Perceptive's products and services, or be willing to direct the customer to the best solution.
- The ideal candidate will be competent in managing their time and activities and must posses a "can-do" perspective in their professional attitude. They will be detail oriented and will demand excellence of themselves.
- Ability to speak French is preferred.
- 50% - Primarily in and surrounding Toronto, Ontario. Could be to other Provinces of Canada and to North America corporate office as needed.