The Technical Specialist is the primary technology interface for any of Lexmark's Product/Service Offers. Works as a liaison between Lexmark and the customer to communicate technical capabilities of Lexmark's core hardware and solution offers to business environments and systems.
Assumes a role prior to the point of sale, providing a deeper level of technical direction to customers, potential customers, and internal staff in the development of fully integrated systems solutions. Addresses pre-sales technical issues (e.g., communications protocols) and/or specific business applications.
- Provide large account pre-sales and post-sales Technical support for Lexmark's account managers
- Provide Pre and Post “solutions sales support” to Lexmark account managers and customers
- Drive sales and adoption of Lexmark Solutions and Software offerings
- This position will be based out of Ottawa, Ontario supporting customers in the Ottawa region and Atlantic provinces
- Ability to travel in short notice anywhere in North America
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
- Experience providing in person and onsite technical support
- Good planning, organizational and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships
- Must have strong presentation skills
- Customer service oriented
- Motivated self-starter, quick learner
- Work well independently as well as in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to identify and resolve problems
- Excellent working knowledge of all Microsoft Windows Operating Systems
- Industry certifications i.e. Network +, CDIA+, MCSE an asset
- Excellent Networking and software knowledge
- Experience in Workflow software or EDMS an asset
- 3-5 years previous experience in a pre-sales Technical support/consultant role
- Bilingual – English and French an asset
- Post-secondary education required.