National Service Manager - Markham, Ontario
Sales & Account Management
Toronto, ON CAN
National Service Manager - Markham, Ontario
The National Service Manager interacts with customers and company sales and/or service representatives to handle a variety of functions. May answer non-technical questions regarding company products. Determines the status of returns, repairs, replacements, orders, delivery schedules, etc. Maintains records of returns, schedule changes, product enhancements or changes, product pricing and resolves return credit problems. May take orders by telephone and correspondence from customers and representatives, quotes prices and delivery dates.
Customer Support Services Division
In this position, the successful candidate will be responsible for effectively managing all areas of the Customer Support Services business. This self-motivated top performer demonstrates a complete knowledge of the Service business and will be a key contributor in a fast paced environment working under tight deadlines and aggressive schedules. He/she is very comfortable working with data and is adept at creating actionable, goal oriented strategic plans related to such data. He/she must be flexible and adaptable in finding creative solutions to meet new business requirements and will present detailed action plans to the management team based on a review of data analysis and information obtained. This individual will autonomously manage their teams to execute those action plans to: increase revenue, reduce costs, increase customer satisfaction, gain process efficiencies, support the Sales effort, etc. They will also manage ad-hoc projects or tasks on an as-required basis.
- Prepare annual budget for Parts and Service and manage warranty costs within the plan.
- Accountable for delivering results and managing the team towards company strategy and objectives.
- Achieve financial and operational targets with analysis and action plans to correct any misses.
- Support Sales RFQ / RFP process.
- Conduct performance reviews and provide feedback to employees as defined by current HR programs.
- Full support to all other departments with a focus on contributing to the Sales results.
- Direct all resources to resolve customer satisfaction issues promptly and effectively with follow-up as required.
- Identify and implement opportunities for improvement through analysis and observation.
- Develop special projects and delegate responsibility and accountability as required
- Be responsible and accountable for long term strategy, plans and activities.
- Develop Service Key Performance Indicators for internal teams and external service partners.
- Present research, feasibility findings and executable action plans to management.
- Regular visibility and interaction with Senior Management and conduct business reviews as required.
- Apply all necessary resources to create financial forecasts and provide justification to support the forecast.
- Development and implementation of Service programs and policies.
- Develop external programs and manage third party partners to ensure on-going program success.
- Audit/review the reporting and analysis performed by staff members.
- Information sharing – organize share sessions with teams and departments as required.
- Staff development and job enrichment
- Flawless strategy execution.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Excellent leadership skills
- Detail-oriented and self-motivated
- Total customer commitment
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and follow-up skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with attention to deadlines and details
- Excellent communication, negotiation, presentation and customer service skills
- Ability to set own priorities, effectively work autonomously or in a team environment
- Excellent proficiency using MS Office, particularly with Excel and PowerPoint.
- Must capture and clearly articulate requirements and solutions to both the business and technical audience
- Complete understanding of finance principles and pricing practices.
- Excellent Conflict Resolution skills - Works extremely well with others and gives/takes constructive criticism
- Results oriented with a passion for achievement.
- Experience managing the break/fix process
- Post-secondary education required
- Business Degree preferred
- Minimum 5 years working experience in Service Management
- Six Sigma skills and certification is an asset