Data Scientist (Global Services Operations)
Lexmark is building its predictive analytics operations capability and is looking for qualified candidates eager to join in this mission. Specifically, we are looking for an experienced key team member who is well equipped to lead the challenge of transforming our service operations using “big data” techniques. This role will be critical in driving major uptime improvements for our customers and greatly improving our internal operations efficiency.
- Utilize data manipulation, algorithm analysis, and/or statistical modeling across broad structured and un-structured data sets to determine key outcome drivers
- Identify new data requirements for systems and data management teams that will enhance the predictive analytic models.
- Clearly communicate data-driven recommendations & provide direction and influence to key decision-makers
- Prioritize and manage work content so that projects with highest ROI are selected and completed on schedule.
- Work closely with operations, engineering, IT, and service teams to understand key business needs
- Build this operational practice at Lexmark including key processes and requirements to codify critical role
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Physics, Math, Statistics, Economics, or related fields.
- 5+ years of related industry experience
- Computing programming skills & experience; C/C++, Java, SQL/noSQL, Python, etc.
- Computing statistical skills in R, SAS, JMP, etc.
- Experience in data manipulation, algorithms, advanced math, and/or statistical modeling and proven track record of solving real-world problems with these methods
- Proven experience in development of machine learning algorithms based off sensor data and device statistics
- Experience with Amazon Web Services and proficiency with Hadoop / Map Reduce
- Experience with visualization software such as Flare, D3, Tableau, etc.
- Masters or PhD in a related field
Key Skills & Attributes:
- Intellectually curious. Questioning. Ability to spot non-obvious data trends. Broad thinker not afraid to be in an unfamiliar environment
- Excellent team player
- Self-motivated, results driven, and able to work with low supervision
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills – orally and pictorially. Able to work effectively with developers and operations personnel through senior management