Technical Support Engineer (Healthcare)
- Provide product support for customer phone, chat, email, and web based support requests.
- Utilize all resources, including systems, information and people, to efficiently troubleshoot and resolve issues.
- Proactively and energetically interact in a team environment to collaborate with peers on customer issues.
- Employ sound decision making when determining when to escalate customer issues to other teams or management.
- Adapt to and work with a highly diverse customer base while focusing on providing an exceptional customer experience with every interaction.
- Rapidly learn new technology, including Perceptive Software products.
- An information technology related college degree or equivalent work experience is preferred.
- Previous help desk experience is preferred.
- Exceptional written, oral, and organizational skills.
- Exceptional customer service and people skills.
- Strong technical, analytical, and problem solving skills.
Successful candidates will have the opportunity to learn and work with the following technologies:
- Operating Systems: Windows, Windows Server, Unix (Solaris, HP/UX, AIX), Linux
- Database Software: Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle
- PACS, HL7, and DICOM experience a plus
- Web Application Software: JRun, Tomcat, WebSphere, WebLogic, IIS
- Hardware: Peripheral installation & configuration (scanners, SCSI cards, SCSI devices).
- Development: Visual Basic Script, Java Script, HTML, DHTML, XSL, ASP
- Networking: TCP/IP protocol, Ethernet, WAN, LDAP, Active Directory, Novell NetWare
- Application Software: Google Apps, Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Access, Outlook), Internet Explorer, Mozilla, Safari
- Messaging Systems: Google Mail, Lotus Domino, Microsoft Exchange, Novell GroupWise
- Communication: Technical writing skills