Software Engineer (Embedded Systems)
Engineering & Design
Lexington, KY USA
Lexmark is seeking Software Developers to join our Embedded Systems Development team. Our devices are sophisticated Linux-powered systems that combine cutting-edge compute architectures and advanced imaging hardware with the latest in communication, security, and mobile standards and trends. Together, we provide solutions for a variety of challenges faced in industries of all sizes, from small businesses to those of the Fortune 500.
The breadth and complexity of our machines means there are opportunities available in many areas and at all levels of programming which include:
· Integrating a new kernel release for our multicore ASICs
· Writing HTML5 frameworks
· Improving the real-time performance of our firmware
· Participating in emerging communications standards workgroups
· Developing secure microcode to meet Common Criteria
· Improving our tools and productivity
· Fuzzing and hardening our embedded web server implementation
· Working directly with a customer on a problem they are having with a particular scan job
· Developing our next-generation user interfaces
· And everything in-between…
The basic responsibilities of this position include:
· Analysis, design, development, unit testing, code consolidation, and code maintenance projects for our line of enterprise-class Multi-Function Products.
Software Developers at Lexmark demand excellence of themselves and their colleagues. You would join a group of highly skilled software developers with expertise developing for and on Linux platforms using a variety of languages, tools, and environments. Lexmark is a casual, yet technically challenging, team-based work environment. We expect you to be able to make an impact and have fun at the same time.
Visa sponsorship is not offered for this position. Must have permanent U.S. Work AuthorizationApply Now