Professional Services Consultant (Midwest)
The Professional Services Consultant (PSC) is the lead consultative resource within the Lexmark large account sales team. The PSC is responsible for the delivery of consulting engagements that demonstrate cost reduction and business process improvement through fleet optimization and enhanced workflow for lines of business.
This opening is for a PSC to primarily support accounts and sales teams in the midwestern part of the United States. It is preferred for the candidate to work out of one of the following Lexmark field sales offices:
-St. Louis, MO
-Kansas City, MO
- 80/20 sales plan, with leveraged component (20 percent) comprised of regional and national revenue targets
- Completed number of consulting projects
- Customer satisfaction (internal and external)
- Solutions attachment to sales opportunities
- Personal skills development and ability to improve skills of peers and sales team member
- Current state analysis and future state solution design
- Business case development
- Roadmap for customer transition from current state to future state
- Executive level customer findings presentations
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ability to scope and plan customer assessments within framework of Lexmark sales strategy for selected accounts
- Interviews customers for requirements, identifies business needs or problems and determines integration and document solutions opportunities
- Generates complete Managed Print Services (MPS) optimization plans for customers including current and future state maps, workflow, sustainability impact, change management and implementation. Provide findings/proposal deliverables that lead to decision points that sales counterparts can leverage to close deals.
- Employs knowledge of the market, industry and customer metrics to represent opportunity within accounts
- Consult with customer as subject matter expert, providing insight into potential solutions that create value and improve the customer business performance
- Responsible for the execution of statements of work and project plans for customer engagements
- Responsible to build and grow a high trust relationship with key contacts within the customer environment.
- Participates with sales lead to develop proposals and RFP responses.
- Support operations team in defining and executing projects in Managed Print Service (MPS) accounts that grow the installed base of branded hardware and usage of supplies.
- Ability to determine how the customer’s organization functions; understand the origin and rationale behind key policies, practices and procedures in order to achieve the desired result.
- Demonstrates discipline in following standard practices and develops or enhances practices as needed by the customer or Lexmark.
- Maintain sufficient dialogue with key customer contacts to understand and prioritize business initiatives.
- Identifies and provides recommendations for process and productivity improvements and cost reductions for both the customer and Lexmark
- Promote the value of the customer / Lexmark relationship within the customer, Lexmark and all third party organizations
- A recognized strong team player known for consistent delivery of quality to the customer
EXPERIENCE AND BACKGROUND:
- Experience with managing multiple complex projects; preferably with multi-disciplined teams
- Significant experience interacting with industry leading customers
- Strong analytical/procedural background preferably in output management
- A minimum of five (5) years relevant experience
- Proficient presentation and analytical skills (PowerPoint, Excel)
- MS Visio preferred; working knowledge and MS office suite advance skills are required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to apply a systematic approach to problem solving through analysis of the problem and evaluation of alternative solutions.
- Ability to think creatively and apply innovative approaches to business problems and opportunities.
- Experience in documenting current and future state business/operations processes
- Demonstrated ability to influence & negotiate
- Individual must demonstrate a high level of business maturity, in appearance, focus, poise and alertness; ability to get along well with diverse personalities—mature—flexible
- High energy level, comfortable performing multifaceted projects in conjunction with normal activities
- High levels of natural and intentional organization capabilities
- Strong analytical and reasoning abilities. Mindset that enables solving complex problems in a fast-paced environment. Able to develop and adapt business processes after evaluating multiple solutions
- Strong leadership skills, ability to direct and motivate team members
BA/BS degree in Business or equivalent experience required
MBA or other relevant graduate degree preferred
Six Sigma experience; certification preferred
PMP certification preferred
Change Management (Prosci) experience preferred