PMO Project Manager
The PMO Project Manager will coordinate, plan, and execute project / program management activities required to ensure assigned projects are delivered on time/budget and meet or exceed business expectations.
- Responsible for implementing and tracking all applicable IT policies and procedures required to successfully deliver assigned projects.
- Assignments will include working with or managing external vendors, business groups, and other IT teams to effectively deliver strategic initiatives on the IT Roadmap.
- Oversee various systems projects of a highly complex nature. Responsible for forming a diverse group into a project team, assigning individual responsibilities, identifying appropriate resources needed, and developing schedule to ensure timely completion of project and meeting deadlines of project.
- Must be familiar with the systems scope and project objectives, as well as the role and function of each team member in order to effectively coordinate the activities of the team.
- Communicates with Program Manager, Project Management Office, Functional Managers and/or Consultants regarding status of specific projects.
- Demonstrates full competency/mastery in the Project Management area.
The successful candidate must have practical knowledge of managing large scale global projects in a matrixed environment and have working experience of agile, waterfall, and hybrid project delivery methodologies. This individual will serve as the primary point of contact for all project initiatives assigned to them.
Must possess extensive knowledge and expertise in the use of project management tools, resource management practices and have practical experience in driving successful projects/programs under challenging circumstances.
Must also be an effective communicator (written and oral).
Major Areas of Accountability:
- Oversee project management from the planning stages to completion, including transition and support.
- Coordinate, manage, and track all assigned task at a detailed level.
- Communicate effectively and proactively with project team members, business key users, and upper management on a regular basis to explain the progress being made.
- Manage and track detail project plan and schedule to ensure projects remain on schedule.
- Track and manage project budgets; outlooks and actual
- Provide thought leadership to every aspect of project execution process
- Overall accountable for every aspect of assigned programs / projects
Educational Requirements Desired/Preferred:
- Undergraduate Bachelor’s Degree (Technical or Business background preferred)
- PMI Certification
- Six Sigma Certification (a plus)
Work Experience / Skills Desired:
- 7-10 years of practical experience in developing and implementing structured project management methodologies
- Ability to analyze complex ideas or requirement and distill them into functional sustainable processes
- Must possess the ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner to target audiences at all levels
- Confident, diplomatic and credible presence for liaising with a wide range of stakeholders at all levels of the organization
- Functional knowledge of MS Project or equivalent program / project management tools
- Practical experience and knowledge of change management principles, methodologies and tools.
- Acute business acumen and understanding of organizational issues and challenges
- Organized and able to function at all three levels of the enterprise; tactical, operational, and strategic
- A solid understanding of how to accelerate users through the change curve
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships.
- Proven leadership among superiors, peers, and subordinates
- Ability to influence others towards a common goal
- Able to work in ambiguous situations; flexible
- Resilient, tenacious, and results oriented
- Entrepreneurial disposition to problem solving
- Works well independently or in a team