When loading paper and specialty media, follow these guidelines:
- Make sure the paper is not used or damaged.
- Read the instructions that came with the specialty media.
- Do not force the paper or specialty media into the All-In-One.
To load most types of paper:
- Place the paper against the right side of the paper support with the print side facing you and the top of the paper feeding into the paper support.
- Lower the paper feed guard, squeeze the paper guide, and slide it to the left edge of the paper.
Follow these guidelines when loading plain paper and specialty media into the paper support:
Make sure to
Load plain paper
Use plain paper designed for inkjet printers.
- Use cards (greeting cards, index cards, photo cards, or postcards) designed for inkjet printers.
- Check that the thickness does not exceed 0.025 inches or 0.63 mm.
- Load the cards vertically against the right side of the paper support.
- Use envelopes designed for inkjet printers.
- Load them vertically against the right side of the paper support.
- Load them with the stamp location at the upper left corner.
- Squeeze and slide the paper guide to the left edge of the envelope.
Do not load envelopes with holes, perforations, cutouts, deep embossing, metal clasps, metal folding bars, string ties, or exposed flap adhesive. |
Load coated paper
- Use coated paper designed for inkjet printers.
- Load with the coated side facing you.
Load photo or glossy paper
- Use photo or glossy paper designed for inkjet printers.
- Load with the glossy side facing you.
Load iron-on transfers
- Use iron-on transfers designed for inkjet printers.
- Load them one at a time.
- Load them with the print (blank) side facing you.
- Load iron-on transfers vertically against the right side of the paper support.
- Use transparencies designed for inkjet printers.
- Load them with the rough side facing you.
- Separate the paper backing sheets from the transparencies before loading them.
- Place the transparencies with the removable strip facing away from you and toward the All-In-One.
Load banner paper
- Use only the number of sheets needed for the banner.
- Place the stack of banner paper behind the All-In-One, and feed in the first sheet.
- Adjust the paper guide.
- Select A4 Banner or Letter Banner from the "Paper Size" pop-up menu.
For more information about the paper type quantities you can load into the paper support, see Paper support.
Supported paper sizes
Paper type sensor