SLED Territory Manager - California and Hawaii
Sales & Account Management
Multiple Cities, CA USA
The SLED Territory Manager is responsible for generating Lexmark hardware sales to a segment of the SLED marketplace in California and Hawaii. The position involves interacting directly with SLED customers in the geography as well as our dealers and partners that sell Lexmark products into this space. The role requires a high level of daily activity including prospecting for new end user opportunities and leveraging relationships with our partner community. The Territory Manager will also coordinate the appropriate Lexmark specialists and resources that may be required to close any individual sale. To be successful, it is imperative to understand SLED purchasing vehicles and how our partners fit into the contractual landscape.
1. Strong sales skills including: prospecting, strategic questioning, and presentation skills.
2. Thorough understanding of SLED contractual vehicles in each state and for each SLED sector within those states.
3. Ability to build and maintain a network of colleagues, partners and customers to share information and develop prospects.
4. Demonstrated ability to manage all phases of a complex sale.
5. Ability to effectively work with, engage, and manage multiple Lexmark and Partner team resources
6. Ability to lead an effort to plan, organize, develop, and complete a complex proposal response
7. Demonstrate strong knowledge of Lexmark hardware and solutions offerings
8. Skilled at using financial selling techniques to justify Lexmark offerings
9. Experienced with high degree of proficiency using MS Excel, PowerPoint, and MS-Word
10. Minimum expectation is to achieve annual revenue objectives
*This position is based in California with travel expectations throughout California. A candidate based in a large Metro area of California would be ideal. Some potential travel to Hawaii but most business conducted with dealers in Hawaii by phone. May consider other locations where a current employee can be based for the right candidate.
*Relocation is not offered for sales roles.