Product Engineer Student (summer)
Student Engineer, reporting in the Supplies Product Engineering organization, will be working on laser printer electro-photographic (EP) printing technology, related supplies hardware components, and printer interface subsystems.
Work may encompass one or more areas of engineering including mechanical, chemical, and electrical analysis, design, and testing. Duties will include research, evaluation, experimentation, documentation, communication, and application of new designs and processes.
- Apply solution methodology to identify & solve problems, and implement corrective actions or countermeasures
- While learning the technology, perform a variety of feasibility experiments to collect and analyze data to benefit overall reliability and robustness of product being developed
- Data could be torque, force, temperature, wear, print quality, voltage, current and electrostatic charge, utilizing various equipment including torque transducers, thermal measurement systems, scanners, multi-meters, oscilloscopes, and electrostatic meters
- Develop formal test plans using Design Of Experiment (DOE) test methods and use statistical analysis methods to interpret data
- Design components for mechanical and/or electromechanical systems and perform design validation to support meeting product requirements through static and dynamic modeling, tolerance analysis, and prototype fabrication
- Automate fixtures through design improvements and software programming to improve data generation efficiency
- Strong written, graphical, and oral communication skills
- Ability to accurately analyze test data, make recommendations, and take effective action
- Ability to function and thrive within team environment
- CAD experience
- Programming experience