Senior Account Manager - Houston
Sales & Account Management
Houston, TX USA
The Senior Account Manager is responsible for generating sales within assigned F1000 and larger accounts in Texas. This position is for a direct customer facing Senior Account Manager, with an emphasis on developing new prospective customers.
This position requires a high level of daily activities that include cold calling (via phone, e-mail and in-person), along with a consistent level of customer facing meetings weekly. Candidates must demonstrate a disciplined approached toward new business development, with proven success in initiating, managing and closing significant opportunities in previously “cold” accounts. Candidates must have the ability to articulate Lexmark’s value proposition to all customers. We help organizations Print Less and improve business processes through the development of a comprehensive information management strategy that leverages our technology, services, software and industry specific solutions.
To accomplish this, candidates must be able to negotiate complex sales by coordinating with and appropriately leveraging multiple internal resources, working with external partners, and navigating across multiple job levels (staff to C-Level) and functional areas (IT, Procurement, Facilities, Lines of Business) within the assigned corporate accounts. In doing so, candidates must build and maintain a network of colleagues, partners and customers to share information and obtain prospects.
This position is for Houston, Tx.
1. 4 year degree (BS/BA) preferred.
2. Minimum of 5 years of sales experience as a 'hunter'.
3. Copier, workflow, software and ECM (Enterprise Content Management) sales experience a plus.
4. Proven business development success turning cold accounts into existing customers.
5. Demonstrated ability to manage all phases of a complex sale.
6. Solutions sales experience a must.
7. Ability to plan, organize, develop, and complete a complex proposal response.
8. High degree of proficiency using MS Excel, PowerPoint, and MS-Word.
9. Strong presentation skills. Able to clearly and concisely develop & deliver
*Relocation is not offered for this position. *The candidate should currently be based in/near or commutable to the Houston area.