Field Service Specialist (Lexmark Dealers) - Washington, DC Metro Area
This position is a Washington, DC Metro area (Washington DC, Virginia, Maryland) based field service role to provide support and management for the Lexmark BSD (Business Solutions Dealers) across the Mid-Atlantic US. The Field Service Specialist will manage all areas of the relationship between Lexmark's service groups and the BSD's service team.
Required Skills of Position:
- Good planning, organizational, analytical and (oral and written) communications skills
- Solid knowledge of the complete laser printing product portfolio, various configurations and settings
- Solid knowledge of the complete set of solutions available to work with the products. Knowledge of ESFs, their installation, configuration and operation.
- Deep understanding of the break/fix approach for the laser printing product portfolio
- Training certification on laser printing products
- Basic operating system knowledge, Windows, MAC, A+ certification
- Full understanding of the operational and contractual requirements of the BSD members. (The Lexmark to Dealer relationship)
- Experience in a similar role with other OEMs that provide this dealership support
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time.
- Provide support, direction, training, evaluation and certification of the BSD members.
- Technical “go-to” person for the BSDs
- Answers, provide support material and direction for all technical questions
- Coordination into all areas of Lexmark support for issues such as product quality, special applications, product availability, product performance and customer escalations
- Technician Ride-alongs with BSD Technicians.
- Technician Evaluations
- Customer Support
- General Administration
- General Reporting
- Certification Report
- Service Performance
- Warranty Claim Processing
- Dispute Resolution
- Loyalty to LXK
- RMA for DOAs
- Recommended stocking level and maintenance of same
Training coordination and administration:
- Coordination of all training needs required to maintain up-to-date training certification for BSDs
- Knowledgeable about active training program schedules for efficient inclusion of BSD Technicians when applicable.
- Conduct hands on training at BSD locations for all products requiring this type of training as a secondary solution to regular Lexington sponsored training.
- Ability to certify technicians completing the programs.
- Provide update seminars at BSD locations to ensure service approach is maintained consistent with LXK service standards.
- Conduct regular (semiannual TBD) BSD evaluations/audit of each dealers product application, support, adherence to parts and supplies loyalty, training requirements and customer support.
- Evaluate BSD’s overall compliance to the BSD program for the purpose of certifying each on an annual basis
- Conducting quarterly service business reviews with the BSD service leadership for Key dealers
- Assumes other special activities, responsibilities, and special projects from time to time as directed
- Excellent communication skills
- Customer service orientation
- Positive attitude
- Ability to learn quickly