Channel Account Manager
Sales & Account Management
Multiple Cities, OH USA
The Channel Account Manager (CAM) is responsible for generating sales within assigned F1000 accounts in assigned geography of OH and MI. This unique position is for a direct customer facing Senior Account Manager, with an emphasis on generating demand for products and services and fulfilling requirements through various partners.
This position requires a high level of daily activities that include cold calling (via phone, e-mail and in-person), along with a consistent level of customer facing meetings weekly. Candidates must demonstrate a disciplined approached toward new business development, with proven success in initiating, managing and closing significant opportunities in previously “cold” accounts. Candidates must have the ability to articulate Lexmark’s value proposition to all customers and partners.
To accomplish this, candidates must be able to negotiate complex sales by coordinating with and appropriately leveraging multiple internal resources, working with external partners, and navigating across multiple job levels (staff to C-Level) and functional areas (IT, Procurement, Facilities, Lines of Business) within the assigned corporate accounts. In doing so, candidates must build and maintain a network of colleagues, partners and customers to share information and obtain prospects.
This individual will develop and maintain account relationships with select dealers in a specific region/territory. This will be accomplished by working closely with Lexmark channel resources that manage and are responsible for relationships with dealer partners and resellers.
The ideal candidate will be a motivated and independent sales person with extensive experience selling into enterprise class accounts through partners. Candidate will be able to generate and grow relationships with commercial prospects and reseller partners alike.
1. 4-year degree (BS/BA) preferred.
2. Minimum of 5 years of sales experience as a 'hunter'.
3. Print, workflow, software sales experience required.
4. Proven business development success turning cold accounts into existing customers.
5. Demonstrated ability to manage all phases of a complex sale.
6. Solutions sales experience a plus.
7. Ability to plan, organize, develop, and complete a complex proposal response.
8. High degree of proficiency using MS Excel, PowerPoint, and MS-Word.
9. Strong presentation skills. Able to clearly and concisely develop & deliver
10. An intimate knowledge of cost-per-page offerings and understanding of various financing alternatives
11. Ability to identify new revenue opportunities for dealers utilizing offerings from Lexmark including hardware, software, and services.
*Preferred location for a candidate to be based is OH/MI.
*Relocation is not offered for this position.
Travel: Anticipate 50% travel as needed to support the business.