Tax Support Student (spring)
We are looking for a highly-motivated, detail-oriented intern to join our tax team. If you enjoy a challenge and thrive in a fast-paced environment, then you may be the right fit for our tax internship. During the internship, you will gain first-hand knowledge of the day-to-day responsibilities that come with a corporate tax accounting career. You will receive mentorship and guidance from our tax professionals and have the opportunity to learn about complex tax issues.
The Tax Intern is responsible for preparing assigned tax returns (income, sales and use, property, and informational) and assisting all members of the Tax Department in any and all miscellaneous matters to improve efficiency of the tax department and ensure that all processes are completed timely. This is a great opportunity to gain exposure with a worldwide company while working part-time.
- Prepare sales and use tax returns, property tax returns, corporate income tax returns, and other tax filings under the supervision of tax personnel
- Assist in the preparation of tax work papers
- Create journal entries related to tax items
- Reconcile and analyze tax general ledger accounts
- Assist with the tax provision, including analyzing Uncertain Tax Positions and updating penalties and interest
- Assist with Sales and Use Tax Audits
- Prepare tax forms, including state and local extensions, FBAR, Form W-9, W-8BEN-E, and CRS Self-Certifications
- Analyze and review tax depreciation in the Fixed Asset Subledger
Candidates should possess the following:
- Pursuing Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Strong academic track record (minimum GPA of 3.0)
- Ability to prioritize tasks, work on multiple assignments, and manage assignments in a team environment
- Relevant work experience (e.g. internships, summer positions, school jobs)
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills with ability to interact professionally with diverse groups
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word; familiarity with other Microsoft Office products.