Sr Software Engineer - Cloud Solutions
Lexmark is looking for extraordinary, seasoned, full-stack software engineers with a passion for Cloud architecture and development and a desire to lead and deliver value on an award-winning Lexmark Cloud Platform.
Lexmark is a leader in print-related devices, and the cornerstone of Lexmark's success is the ability to provide content to users when and where they need it. Lexmark is expanding its portfolio to provide data management and workflow solutions in the Cloud. Lexmark's Cloud platform leads the way in simplifying the management and improving the usability of multifunction devices while developing a full IoT cloud management solution.
Our growth provides a rich opportunity to develop market-leading solutions enabling customers to capture, manage, and access their content in ways that solve real business problems. This is where you come in. Lexmark needs experienced cloud software engineers to drive change and harness these new and quickly changing technologies. If you are looking for the opportunity to work with the latest technology in an Agile, customer-focused environment, the security of an established, multi-national company, while working from the comfort of your home office, this is a great opportunity for you.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a very strong foundation in computer science, design patterns, and industry-leading best-practices. The candidate must be a self-starter, exhibit a willingness to lead and drive innovative solutions to complex technical problems in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
- Provide technical leadership throughout the area
- Lead planning activities to build architectural designs for our cloud platform
- Mentor and grow junior team members to success within the team
- Effectively collaborate with peers and influence others
- Translate customer and business requirements into technical solutions
- Investigate emerging technologies, evaluate based on current architecture, and incorporate to enhance capabilities and deliver new value add function for customers.
- Deliver flexible, maintainable solutions to meet customer’s changing business needs
- Estimate effort and complexity of work and breakdown large requests into smaller units or work
- Resolve problems with software and respond to suggestions for improvements and enhancements
- Experience with web services and open API development
- Influence team members with innovative changes and improvements by challenging status quo and demonstrating risk taking
Skills and Abilities
The following are required:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in software development
- Minimum 3 years of experience in cloud development
- Demonstrable experience with
- Microsoft Azure platform technologies (e.g., IoT Hub and related concepts, Service Bus Queues, Blob Storage)
- Java Spring / Spring Boot, JPA / Hibernate, Postgres and REST / RPC calls over HTTP
- Jenkins, Git and Artifactory
- Formal design patterns and industry best-practices
- Scripting languages (e.g., Groovy / Perl / Python / Ruby)
- Full-stack (i.e., front-end, back-end, database) development experience
- Full lifecycle (i.e., design, development, test) development experience
- A sophisticated understanding of software systems and applications
- Ability to effectively collaborate with peers and influence others
- Ability to work independently and multi-task effectively
Experience with the following are differentiators:
- Security (e.g., PKI, SSL / TLS, Fuzzing, etc.)
- Scaling CI / CD systems and microservices
- Code coverage analysis / static analysis tools
- Agile programming processes and methodologies such as Scrum
- Overseeing / managing production Web application deployment
- Robot / Sauce Labs
- HTML5 / Bootstrap
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field (required)
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science or related field is a plus