Manufacturing Industry Consultant
The Lexmark Industry Consultant (IC) applies specific vertical-industry (manufacturing and/or supply chain) expertise that provides competitive differentiation that will grow sales of Lexmark’s products, solutions and services within assigned vertical industry for both enterprise and channel. This includes achievement of near-term sales objectives as well as long-term strategic growth.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Develop and maintain knowledge and expertise of trends, directions, and key issues within assigned industry.
- Maintain and develop industry and partner contacts through participation in events, conferences and networking.
- Maintain specific knowledge of capabilities of Lexmark products, solutions and services and how they apply to industry-specific opportunities.
- Develop and maintain knowledge and expertise of broader industry applications and solutions.
Customer-Facing Industry Consulting and Sales Execution:
- Assist the Lexmark Account Manager with prospecting and qualifying opportunities through direct engagement and interaction with targeted accounts.
- Led the Lexmark Account Manager with the prioritization of their accounts based on our current capabilities, strategic direction, and historic success in similar accounts.
- Act as the subject matter expert regarding Lexmark’s value proposition for assigned vertical by engaging with senior executives at prospective customers to describe Lexmark’s industry value proposition and explain how other similar customers have leveraged Lexmark capability to benefit their organization.
- Leverage detailed experience in the industry and solution expertise to fully articulate the value of Lexmark offerings such that prospective customer will engage in opportunity specific dialogue and projects.
- Perform Industry Needs Assessments and attend industry trade shows to create new funnel opportunities and advance existing opportunities.
- Provide solutions content for RFP/RFI responses.
- Provide industry-specific training to Lexmark Account Managers, channel and alliance partners.
Industry Consulting – Strategic Planning and Support:
- Identify new industry solution opportunities and advise Solution Development (SD&I) in requirements definition and qualification of new industry solutions.
- Provide Marketing with content that can be used in marketing deliverables and campaigns.
- Provide industry-specific training to Lexmark sales personnel.
- 5+ years of experience in the specific vertical industry
- Technical aptitude and experience with industry specific IT enterprise systems and how they deliver value, such as ERP (enterprise resource planning), Electronic Content Management, IOT connectivity / analytics, Document Imaging / Capture and Document Management.
- Preferred experience in IT or key lines-of-business roles of assigned industry
- Strong desire for direct customer engagement and heavy engagement and coaching of Lexmark Account Managers and District Managers
- Comfortable acting as a subject matter expert during sales calls, speaking engagements, web conferences and oral proposals
- Some travel required, comfortable using webex, video and other systems to deliver our value prop to customers and prospects and to work with our internal teams