Come join the Lexmark UX team as we seek to create disruptive industry experiences. Located in the beautiful rolling, green hills of Lexington, Kentucky, the
Lexmark UX team drives innovation through empathy, creative ideation and cross-functional collaboration. We are designed to question assumptions, challenge the status quo, and deliver products and services that exceed our clients’ expectations.
Our team consists of UX, VX and Industrial Designers, as well as user researchers who are passionate about making a real difference in users’ experiences with Lexmark products and services – not only printers but an evolving technology portfolio with particular emphasis on mobile, cloud, and future products.
As a designer on this team, you will be responsible for driving creative printer systems design solutions and closely collaborating with Marketing, Engineering and other disciplines. A strong understanding of the Lexmark portfolio, customer needs, and a passion for continuous improvement through effective collaboration will be critical in ensuring personal and team success in this role.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Identify key opportunities and influence the business strategy based on an acute understanding of the needs and expectations of our users, customers, and partners.
- Collaborate with Printer Development teams, Marketing and Sales teams to improve experience design and create innovative solutions for the next generation of printer systems
- Practice Design Thinking to generate empathy and innovation
- Develop innovative printer systems designs and work closely with Industrial Designers and Mechanical Engineers
- Partner in creating design for serviceability
- Partner in creating modern and innovative firmware/control panel UI designs
- Lead printer systems effort for ergonomics and human factors designs and guidelines
- Generate storyboards and user workflows for imaging tasks
- Ensure user experiences align with business goals
- Drive intuitive interaction designs for Lexmark firmware/control panel interfaces with a keen focus on user experience and a balanced awareness of business needs and technical challenges
- Generate user archetypes and user scenarios
- Perform ethnographic, usability and heuristic research
- Continued knowledge of HFE, UX and UI design trends
- Identify opportunities for process improvements within and across the team(s)
- Strong command of ergonomics and human factors principles and guidelines
- Able to plan, conduct and analyze user research
- Able to develop/reshape information architecture
- Proficient in prototyping and wireframe tools (Axure, Adobe XD, Figma or similar)
- Solid grasp of visual and informational hierarchy
- Highly creative and see opportunities vs. problems
- Constant curiosity
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to deal with ambiguity
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in one of the following: Cognitive Psychology, Human Centered Design, Ergonomics, or similar
- At least 2 years of experience as a UX designer or HFE
- Experience designing printer systems or other technical systems such as PCs, servers, smart phones, etc.
- Demonstrable portfolio of work examples
*Relocation assistance will not be offered for this position.