State and Local Government - Industry Consultant
The Lexmark Industry Consultant (IC) applies specific state and local government industry expertise that provides competitive differentiation that will grow sales of Lexmark’s products, solutions and services within assigned vertical industry for both enterprise and channel. This includes achievement of near-term sales objectives as well as long-term strategic growth.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Develop and maintain knowledge and expertise of trends, directions, and key issues within the SLED industry with a primary focus on, but not limited to, state and local governments.
- Maintain and develop industry and partner contacts through participation in events, conferences and networking.
- Maintain specific knowledge of capabilities of Lexmark products, solutions and services and how they apply to industry-specific opportunities.
- Develop and maintain knowledge and expertise of broader industry applications and solutions.
Customer and Partner Facing Industry Consulting and Sales Execution:
- Assist the Lexmark Sales Teams with prospecting and qualifying opportunities through direct engagement and interaction with targeted accounts and channel partners.
- Act as the subject matter expert regarding Lexmark’s value proposition for assigned vertical by engaging with senior executives at prospective customers and partners to describe Lexmark’s solutions value proposition and explain how other similar customers and partners have leveraged Lexmark capability to benefit their organization.
- Leverage detailed experience in the industry and solution expertise to fully articulate the value of Lexmark offerings such that prospective customer or partner will engage in opportunity specific dialogue and projects.
- Perform Industry Needs Assessments and attend industry trade shows to create new funnel opportunities and advance existing opportunities.
- Provide solutions content for RFP/RFI responses.
- Provide industry-specific training to Lexmark channel and alliance partners.
- Primarily support the Mid-West to West Coast opportunities.
Industry Consulting – Strategic Planning and Support:
- Identify new industry solution opportunities and advise Solution Development (SD&I) in requirements definition and qualification of new industry solutions
- Provide Marketing with content that can be used in marketing deliverables and campaigns
- Provide industry-specific training to Lexmark sales personnel
- 5+ years of experience in the specific vertical industry of state and local government. The ideal candidate is a current or former state or local government employee with knowledge of the technical needs within.
- Technical aptitude and experience with industry specific IT enterprise systems and how they deliver value, such as ERP (enterprise resource planning), Electronic Content Management, Document Imaging / Capture and Document Management
- Preferred experience in IT or key lines-of-business roles of assigned industry
- Strong desire for direct customer and partner engagement and heavy engagement and coaching of Lexmark Account Managers and District Managers
- Comfortable acting as a subject matter expert during sales calls, speaking engagements, web conferences and oral proposals
- Some travel required, comfortable using WebEx, video and other systems to deliver our value prop to customers and prospects and to work with our internal teams
- Anticipate up to 40% travel to primarily support the Midwest to West Coast opportunities but could also travel East Coast based on the needs of the business.
*Open to consider great candidates throughout the US but targeting a hire in/near: Dallas, TX - Chicago, IL - Kansas City - Los Angeles, CA to name a few.
Position may require COVID-19 vaccination or other screens mandated by the customer.