Maintenance Technician (2nd Shift)
Seeking a Maintenance Technician with equipment and/or facilities maintenance experience. This position will be a 2nd shift position. Initial train to take place on first shift for approximatly 6 months. Job duties may include dismantling, adjusting, repairing, and assembly of equipment according to layout plans, blueprints, operating or repair manuals, or drawings. Using test and diagnostic equipment to perform trouble-shooting and analysis. Performing equipment modifications as directed by manufacturing and or facilities engineers. Working with manufacturing, process, and facilities engineering on the installation and/or repair of building plumbing, wiring, HVAC equipment, and manufacturing processes.
This position is with a chemical manufacturing site with a wide variety of facility and process equipment. Maintenance cross training provides maintenance personnel the opportunity to repair facilities equipment and/or manufacturing equipment as you become certified to do so.
- Degree in AAS/Maintenance Electrician, Maintenance Electrician Certification, Maintenance Industrial Electrician or equivalent. Repair and perform troubleshooting AC circuits, 3-phase circuits 480 and 240 volt on a continuous basis. Has 5 to 10 years’ experience working with 240 and 480 volts. Can perform specific electrical maintenance and engineering functions assigned by Engineering. Able to work from verbal instructions, blueprints, wiring diagrams, and schematics. Can direct work of and instruct other electricians, helpers, mechanics and apprentices.
- Responsible for performing electrical or mechanical troubleshooting to determine problems in non-functioning electro-mechanical equipment used in manufacturing and facilities throughout the site.
- 5 to 10 years Manufacturing or Facilities Maintenance experience. Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, maintenance procedures/Standard works and engineering specifications. Perform lubrications and calibrations when required. Troubleshoot equipment problems for every piece of equipment in facilities.
- High school diploma or GED. AA degree in Maintenance or Certification preferred
- Strong computer skills Micro Soft Office as well as computerized maintenance management systems experience preferred
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work effectively in a team environment with people of varying skills and backgrounds
- Highly motivated and self-directed
- Ability to read and interpret electrical schematics
- Knowledge of Computerized Maintenance Management systems and philosophies.
- Some O.T. required
- Able to wear the appropriate PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) to:
- Work in a dusty environment
- Work in an environment where chemical vapors exist
- Pass annual medical exams for:
- Confined space entry (Discretionary based on business needs/shift and area specific)
- Hearing conservation program (All Maintenance Technicians)
- Powered vehicle license (Discretionary based on business needs)
- Wearing a respirator (Area specific requirement/recommended for other areas)
- Able to drive a powered vehicle, as needed, to perform job tasks.
- Able to maintain the necessary, sometimes awkward, postures for extended periods of time to access process equipment. These include, but may not be limited to: standing, walking, bending, crawling, crouching, stooping, and twisting.
- Able to ascend and descend stairs frequently (up to 20 times each, per 8-hour shift).
- Able to ascend and descend a ladder, up to 40 feet.
- Able to ascend and descend a step ladder, up to 20 feet.
- Able to work in inclement weather while wearing the appropriate weather gear.
- Able to ascend and descend up to 2 flights of stairs while carrying a maximum load of 35 lbs.
- Able to lift 25 lbs overhead.
- Able to safely enter control voltage up to 480V.
- Able to use a computer, keyboard, and mouse.
- Able to work effectively in a team environment.
- Consistent, good eye-hand coordination.
- Adequate strength and dexterity in both hands to utilize multiple hand, power, and mobile tools.
Target Pay Range: $26.00 - 38.00/hr (plus 10.0% shift differential)
***offered amount will be based on candidates relevant experience