Summer- Manufacturing/Maintenance Engineer Student
Lexmark International is seeking a Maintenance Engineering Intern to work closely with our Engineering and Maintenance teams to improve our production facilities by applying engineering concepts to increase Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE). This individual will implement technical problem-solving skills and Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) methods. The intern will be working alongside maintenance, engineering, and manufacturing in the areas of safety, asset health, asset design, and product quality. The individual will help optimize equipment, procedures, and processes to achieve better maintainability, reliability, and availability of equipment. The individual will use data and planning to reduce the incidence of costly breakdowns and develop strategies to improve overall reliability and safety of the plant, personnel and production processes. The individual may be involved in the control and monitoring of production processes and occasionally in the designing of items that will help in maintenance. The individual will play a vital role in the efficiency, development and progress of the manufacturing and processing environments.
- Collaborate with the maintenance and engineering team in areas such as safety, planning, TPM/reliability, cost, efficiency, quality, and productivity.
- Drive the culture of the company towards autonomous & preventative maintenance.
- Work with operators and maintenance personnel to promote progress towards TPM
- Collaborate in TPM activities such as: collection of data through our Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS), equipment PM improvements, maintenance planning, coordinating planned work during outages, and continuously improving the planning and execution of maintenance.
- Analyze process concerns and performance gaps and guide resources to resolve manufacturing and maintenance problems to ensure minimum cost and prevent downtime.
- Supporting safety initiatives across the site and establishing benchmarks within the maintenance team.
- Work closely with the teams to ensure maintenance and reliability are integrated into projects.
- Work closely with the teams to design maintenance strategies, procedures and methods.
- Diagnosing breakdown problems & failure analysis.
- Ensure proper documentation is maintained using the CMMS database.
- Work within a culture and defined set of behaviors which fosters an environment of mutual respect, dignity, and trust.
- Hold yourself to a high standard of safety (“Eyes and Mind on Task”) 100% of the time.
- Ideal candidate would be at least a third-year student working towards a Bachelor’s in Mechanical, Industrial, or related Engineering discipline.
- Possess the capacity to understand a range of engineering functions and procedures.
- Hands on mechanical repair or manufacturing experience.
- Excellent diagnostic and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to use a data driven analytical approach to problem solving.
- Writing of technical reports and procedures.
- Strong acumen for driving accountability and delivering results.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively when working with representatives across various levels and disciplines of the organization.
- Strategic thinker, capable of working with others and managing complex tasks.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
Targeted Pay Rate - $20-21.50/hr (BS); $27-28.50/hr (MS)