Software Engineer, Manufacturing Systems
The Manufacturing Systems Software Engineer will provide worldwide support to manufacturers, customization centers, and service providers. Travel in Asia will be required to support new product launches and to sustain production activity. Travel to other geographies (Europe, North America, Central America, South America, Africa, etc) may be required to support development activities, customization centers and service centers.
- Develop and support manufacturing applications and systems by implementing scripted manufacturing solutions for factories, customization centers, printer returns operations, service exchange centers, etc. (Development of the scripted solutions will be accomplished using a proprietary application).
- Create and support VB.net and C#.Net code used to configure, manufacture, and service printers.
- Implement printer configuration solutions and manufacturing execution system (MES) controls at printer manufacturing sites around the world.
- Support MES and configuration processes by conducting a needs assessment, developing appropriate solutions, and coordinating implementation of manufacturing operations.
- Be responsible for maintaining, modifying, adapting, and enhancing applications and systems that operate in factories.
- Prepare concepts for manufacturing solutions and evaluate the cost-effectiveness of these concepts.
- Support the production and service of product families from the beginning to the end of their life cycle.
- Manage the impacts of change activity; coordinate the testing of all change activity prior to promotion into production.
- Work with various manufacturing sites to resolve problems with manufacturing systems.
- Debug the systems to identify issues with configurations, scripts, printer firmware, and hardware.
- Demonstrate project management skills while coordinating global activities. There will be an opportunity to coordinate with development teams in the US, China, India, and the Philippines.
Education & Skills:
- A BS degree in Computer Science or a BS in Electrical Engineering is required.
- Experience supporting manufacturing processes is desired. Experience with manufacturing processes, process controls, system troubleshooting, etc. is required; Experience with manufacturing execution systems is a strong plus.
- Programming proficiency using VB.Net, C#, C++, or Java is required.
- Database development & administration knowledge (Microsoft SQL preferred) is required to ensure test solutions are implemented correctly.
- Ability to develop Web based applications is a plus.
- A good understanding of and relevant work experience building ASP.net based applications is a plus.
- Should be familiar with Windows Networking configurations, SQL server setup/administration, Web server setup/administration, stored procedures, etc.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Windows Server, and Networking operating systems required.
- Must possess problem solving skills and be able to debug software.
- Strong written & verbal communication skills are required. Ability to communicate in English is required; additional language skills such as Mandarin, Korean, Spanish, and Japanese are a plus.
- Candidate must be able to work in a cross-cultural team environment. Must be able to coordinate test activity in India, product launches activity in Asia, and configuration/service activity worldwide.
*Relocation assistance is eligible for this role and will be determined on a case-by-case basis.