D365 Application Architect
This position will be for a D365 Application Architect supporting the Sales, Customer Service, Field Service and Project Services implementation.
The Application Architect:
- Focuses on one or more major feature sets within the broader D365 domain.
- Reports to the Domain Architect as a part of the D365 Architecture team.
- Collaborates with Business/Functional Analysts and Development teams that work within the related Delivery teams.
- Primarily engages with the delivery teams on current development initiatives from a design and implementation perspective.
- Also contributes to efforts to strengthen the application development infrastructure
- Helps shape the techno-functional strategy for the applications within the D365 domain.
- Analyzes and evaluates business problems and user requirements to design application solutions leveraging the D365/Xrm platform, Azure components, and other integration-related toolsets (SSIS, WebServices).
- Delivers and maintains design artifacts representing the Digital Twin of delivered and proposed technical solutions.
- Stays connected and familiar with D365 and Azure platform best practices and standards
- Follows process and project methodology, ensuring proper implementation and adoption
- Collaborates and supports the delivery teams, participating in an agile development process within IT. This includes areas such as solution development, application infrastructure services, quality assurance, PMO, core infrastructure teams, offshore test/development teams.
- Accounts for testability (including automated testing, unit testing and user acceptance testing) in solution designs.
- Accounts for operational readiness (including supportability, diagnostics, performance metrics and failure recovery) in solution designs
- Advocates continuous improvement including identification of opportunities, adoption of best practices and standards
- Utilizes designs that promote methods of configuration for agility and responsiveness.
- Promote and strengthen the quality of development with design and code reviews
- Covers application platform aspects of data security, licensing, storage/resource usage.
- Assist business leaders with change management and user adoption in order to effectively use tools and systems
- Assist with planning for and adoption of Microsoft’s major and minor releases to maximize the use of D365 and the Azure platform
- Summarize and communicate findings at an executive level
- 5-15 years related work experience
- At least 3 years’ experience with design and configuration of MS Dynamics 365 or preceding platforms preferred
- Demonstrated capabilities to convey design concepts in various forms (visual diagrams, narrative descriptions, verbal presentation)
- Deep development experience within the D365 technology stack:
- D365 Workflow / Flow / PowerAutomate
- C#.net plugins / console apps
- SQL Server / SSIS
- Experience with Azure components:
- Logic Apps
- Function Apps
- Service Bus
- Prior experience in business analysis for functional business services
- Ability to organize information, manage tasks and projects to support business needs
- Experience with in-house developed and vendor-delivered applications
- Demonstrated ability to interface effectively with intermediate levels of management
- Ability to flexibly accept dynamically changing priorities
- Experience with Mobile App Development
- Experience with CRM portals
- Experience with Data Migration tools and practices
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required
- Industry Standard Technical Certifications desired: MS Dynamics and others showing depth of technical skill…
- Information Architecture, Management Information Systems, Project Management Professional
Knowledge, skills & abilities:
- Ability to organize, prioritize work, meet deadlines, and work independently
- Ability to handle multiple projects and activities in a timely, organized manner
- Ability to recognize design and usage patterns and adapt designs accordingly.
- Requires technical and functional skills appropriate to the position
- Requires strong oral and written communication skills
- Must be a creative problem solver, flexible, proactive, and work in a fast paced, ever changing environment
- Ability to facilitate meetings and action plans
- Must be a strong team player