Hardware Messaging Strategist
The Hardware Messaging Strategist collaborates with stakeholders to develop the messaging strategy and enable the execution of marketing deliverables for the entire Lexmark hardware portfolio. The primary responsibility is to develop the messaging strategy for audience-centric content across multiple communication channels – specifically marketing collateral for sales enablement, web and campaigns – in alignment with corporate strategy. This role synthesizes highly technical detail — working closely with R&D, product marketing and other functional areas — and transforms it into a messaging and content strategy that will ultimately compel a buyer to choose Lexmark for their printer and MFP needs. Market research is leveraged to understand the competitive landscape, market trends, and customer challenges and motivations.
Ideal candidates must have a customer-facing mentality and understand Lexmark’s hardware portfolio and its highly technical details. They must have experience working on cross-functional teams that include R&D and product subject matter experts as well as customer-facing roles, effectively creating a bridge between technical detail and marketing collateral. Comfort with technology is a must.
Additionally, this role actively engages with colleagues around the globe to understand and adapt content for local market needs, providing an outstanding opportunity to work with a diverse and dynamic team of professionals around the world.
- Strategize and create the value proposition, messaging architecture and marketing content documentation for Lexmark’s hardware portfolio for all paths to market
- Navigate the intricacies of Lexmark’s complex global hardware portfolio and launch schedule
- Understand the competition and how they position their hardware products and offers, ensuring our differentiated statements
- Work closely with the product marketing and project management teams to plan and prioritize content — including webpages, brochures, and demand generation campaigns — and align to launch schedules, translation requirements, distribution needs and interdependencies for all global regions.
- Work closely with business writers to execute content based on the strategies and messaging architecture that you develop
- Collaborate with other strategic messaging team members to ensure consistency and alignment across entire Lexmark message map
- Collaborate with in-house creative services and marketing support teams to get content published on time
- Work with the field enablement team to support global sales training, certification, and communications programs
- Engage with the sales team to fully understand how the customer receives what you deliver
- Measure and report the usage and effectiveness of the hardware messaging and content efforts, using available technology and tools
- Manage lifecycle of hardware-related content
Qualifications Desired in a Successful Candidate:
The right candidate will be a resourceful and strategic thinker who understands and can translate highly technical detail while always keeping the end customer’s needs top of mind. This role requires excellent critical thinking, project management and change management skills along with the ability to influence without authority.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent field experience required
- Strong collaborator with a diplomatic disposition
- Confidence in engaging with executives
- Five or more years R&D/development, product marketing, field marketing or professional services experience
- Global marketing, sales or other customer-facing experience - a plus
- Ability to work both independently and with a team
- Attention to detail
- Project management and organization
- Advanced proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office 365 programs (Teams, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, Excel, SharePoint) and Workfront (or similar workflow management tool).
- Must thrive in a fast-paced business environment and display professionalism and confidence in complex situations
- Occasional visits to various sales offices
- Some international travel may be required