Sales Communication Manager
The Sales Communications Manager is responsible for the production, integration and execution of key communications messages to the Sales organization. This person’s main responsibility is to ensure that sales agents are well-resourced with the content, training, and knowledge of available assets to actively work and close deals in the sales pipeline.
- Define and execute a sales communications strategy that is clear and effective
- Define and implement processes to sustain and adapt that sales communication strategy
- Develop integrated communications plans that leverage resources to ensure that sales team members have the right information
- Identify and track metrics associated with delivery, intake, and success of communications
- Ensure full execution of all plans through a variety of internal teams requiring collaboration with sales executives, marketing, field marketing, messaging, training, and operations teams
- Partner with marketing management team to further the vision of organizational vibrancy through ideas, engagement and communication
- Develop communications content, including doing the necessary research, managing the efforts to collect the necessary inputs, and using tools to visually tell the story
- Must have knowledge of and experience with B2B sales personas, processes, methodologies in direct and indirect paths to market
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a communications or business field or equivalent experience.
- Previous tech industry experience in a sales or marketing communications role
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in developing communications, supporting executive communications and integration needs
- Strong presentation, writing/positioning and editing communication skills including ability to tell stories to all levels of the organization and drafting executive communications
- Advanced proficiency in use of Microsoft Office 365 programs (PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, Excel, Dynamics, Teams, SharePoint)
- Proficiency in communications tools such as webinars/video/audio recording tools; social media; sales and marketing tools
- Demonstrated problem solving skills, as well as continuous improvement process skills
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills with attention to detail, including working with cross functional teams in global positions
- Must be effective at making decisions based on metrics and feedback.
- Demonstrated strong project management skills, including the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and meet deadlines
- Ability to collaborate with a variety of stakeholders and proven ability to influence at multiple levels in the organization
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in roles and processes that are not clearly defined through self-reliance and resourcefulness
- Must be a learner. Someone who is inquisitive and open to new ideas.
- Must work well in a fast-paced business and display professionalism and confidence in complex situations