The Digital Designer position is responsible for delivering effective, aesthetic, on-brand, and on-strategy creative for websites, web pages, product graphics, email promotional creative, email templates, social media graphics, and banner ads. This role reports to the Manager of the Content & Design team, which acts as one part of an in-house agency for Lexmark marketing. All digital designers work closely with the Digital Marketing, E-Commerce, Web Operations, and Project Management teams.
- Produce the design and production for websites, product graphics, web logos, social media graphics and banners, static and rich banner ads, email campaigns, and email templates. While some projects may require directing external resources, the role is expected to be hands-on.
- Translate product positioning, existing research, and offline/online marketing strategies into effective designs.
- Work with internal and external developers to ensure aesthetics also are aligned with usability, accessibility, and web standards. Work with developers to ensure proper implementation within a web environment and ensure consistency and integrity of the creative vision.
- Work with stakeholders to turn marketing requirements into compelling, appropriate campaigns and designs.
- Manage and produce digital design work, including banner sizing and versioning.
- Work with UI Lead to translate wireframes into simple, easy-to-use pages and designs.
- Ensure consistency of brand and creative across digital customer touch points and produce documentation of new brand design standards to communicate to internal and external audiences.
- Provide design support to other business areas to create product graphics, logos, identity design, or other similar offline graphics.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in digital design, graphic design, graphic communications or related field.
- Required 1-3 years of experience, preferred 5+ years successful professional design experience, preferably at a digital agency or inhouse web team.
- Strong portfolio of design work, showing solutions to business problems through effective design.
- Able to present concepts and lead internal teams to the best solution.
- Experience in web marketing/web design with a strong knowledge of HTML, Adobe Creative Suite, FTP, web design and development principles and processes
- Experience with Adobe Experience Manager web platform a huge plus.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong work ethic and personal accountability with excellent time management and interpersonal skills.