Software Project Lead
Lexmark continues as a leader in the Global Managed Print Services Market and is looking to expand its offerings. Seeking an experienced Software Project Lead to provide overall program management to deliver a phased rollout of services targeted toward the open market. Customers leveraging these services:
- Save time and improve efficiency.
- Reduce costs and save money.
- Reduce hassle and improve productivity.
- Have no big upfront investment – ‘Pay as You Go’ model.
- Enjoy peace of mind knowing Lexmark devices are secure.
Lexmark’s cloud platform leads the way in simplifying the experience for the customer. Our devices leverage a full IoT cloud management platform which allows Lexmark to manage customers’ devices remotely, seamlessly and securely.
In addition to offering print management services, Lexmark will also offer market-leading solutions enabling our customers to capture, manage and access their content in ways to solve problems and grow productivity.
- Provide program management to cross-organization teams necessary to delivery these new MPS offerings to the business in phases.
- Collaborate with marketing, service operations, architects, and various technical teams to refine the process for gathering & defining requirements and guide the teams to find technical solutions to meet those business needs – all while applying good judgment to work through tradeoffs on user experience, technical approaches, and schedule.
- Clearly identify key decision points required and drive issues to closure to achieve a clear definition of work, responsibility and schedule.
- Evangelize, adapt and leverage Scaled Agile’s SAFe practices in the project’s development model, even if not all teams in the various organizations utilize Essential SAFe practices to manage their specific pieces of work. SAFe processes include using SAFe practices to drive epic level definition & prioritization, as well as leveraging MRD/PRD tools within the process to bring clarity to the business offering details needed to make appropriate decisions and trade-offs.
- Understand the scope of the work for each team and ensure clear integration points are identified.
- Drive a prioritization effort with the teams to ensure the scope of each phase is manageable and can be delivered on schedule. Establish metrics to measure progress & productivity as well as assess risk using SAFe tools.
- Explore capacity expansion opportunities through third party suppliers to provide modules/components which can be integrated into Lexmark internally development offerings and solutions.
- Work with the teams to create and maintain a master project schedule including delivery of major milestones.
- Act as an ambassador for the offering internally and externally and as the primary contact for queries related to the delivery.
Skills and Abilities
- Must understand agile development and SAFe concepts.
- Creative, strategic and energetic thinker.
- Experience delivering Minimum Marketable Features and Minimum Viable Products.
- Must understand Lean Theory and concepts (MVP, Iterative Delivery).
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams to deliver on a common goal.
- Must be organized with a strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proven ability to develop relationships with team members and customers with varying levels of technical depth.
- SAFe certifications a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related technology/engineering field (required).
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science or related field a plus.