Field Service Engineer (Tacoma, WA)
This is a Pacific Northwest based field service role to provide support and management for the Lexmark BSD (Business Solutions Dealers) across the US. The Field Service Specialist will manage all areas of the relationship between Lexmark's service groups and the BSD's service team.
Required Skills of Position:
- Good planning, organizational, analytical and (oral and written) communications skills
- Solid knowledge of the complete laser printing product portfolio, various configurations and settings
- Solid knowledge of the complete set of solutions available to work with the products. Knowledge of ESFs, their installation, configuration and operation.
- Deep understanding of the break/fix approach for the laser printing product portfolio
- Training certification on laser printing products
- Basic operating system knowledge, Windows, MAC, A+ certification
- Full understanding of the operational and contractual requirements of the BSD members. (The Lexmark to Dealer relationship)
- Experience in a similar role with other OEMs that provide this dealership support.
• Ability to travel up to 50% of the time.
- Provide support, direction, training, evaluation and certification of the BSD members.
- Technical “go-to” person for the BSDs
- Answers, provide support material and direction for all technical questions
- Coordination into all areas of Lexmark support for issues such as product quality, special applications, cloud services, product availability, product performance and customer escalations
- Technician Ride-alongs with BSD Technicians.
- Technician Evaluations
- Customer Support
- General Administration
- General Reporting
- Certification Reporting
- Service Performance
- Warranty Claim Processing
- Dispute Resolution
- Loyalty to LXK
- RMA for DOAs
- Recommended stocking level and maintenance of same
Training coordination and administration
- Coordination of all training needs required to maintain up-to-date training certification for BSDs
- Knowledgeable of active training program schedules for efficient inclusion of BSD Technicians when applicable.
- Conduct hands on training at BSD locations for all products requiring this type of training as a secondary solution to regular Lexington sponsored training. Ability to certify technicians completing the programs.
- Provide update seminars at BSD location to ensure service approach is maintained consistent with LXK service standards.
- Conduct regular (semiannual TBD) BSD evaluations/audit of each dealers product application, support, adherence to parts and supplies loyalty, training requirements and customer support.
- Evaluate BSD’s overall compliance to the BSD program for the purpose of certifying each on an annual basis
- Conducting quarterly service business reviews with the BSD service leadership for Key dealers
- Assumes other special activities, responsibilities, and special projects from time to time as directed
- Excellent communication skills
- Customer service orientation
- Positive attitude
- Ability to learn quickly
Relocation assistance may be available for this position depending on candidate fit, circumstances and timing.