Firmware Engineer - Embedded Security
Lexmark’s Embedded Security Team is a collaborative development team that is responsible for developing security solutions for both monochrome & color laser printer products.
The primary responsibilities of this role are focused on the development, implementation, & testing of Firmware utilized to interface with custom Security ASICs that reside on Lexmark products. The nature of this firmware centers on secure authentication & will be written for multiple printer platforms with various security architectures.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Implementing various secure authentication methods/standards & other cryptographic functions for custom Security ASICs.
- Exploring, developing, and implementing code to further the protection of security assets within the printer and associated supplies.
- Collaborating with cross-functional development teams to implement secure solutions for both printer development & manufacturing activities.
Learning opportunities for this role include (but not limited to):
- Advancing knowledge of the security landscape around printers and other embedded devices.
- Gaining an understanding on how to further strengthen devices through both HW & FW system resources to reduce vulnerabilities.
- Knowledge of embedded system busses: I2C, SPI, UART.
- Knowledge of test equipment: Logic Analyzers, Oscilloscopes, bus analyzers.
- Knowledge of user/kernel programming on Linux and Zephyr OSs.
- Knowledge of Development Software: git, CMake, CTest, Bitbake, Jenkins.
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills to effectively interface with cross-functional development teams.
- Thrive in a fast-paced, demanding, and collaborative environment.
- Prove that they can work collaboratively across geographies effectively to deliver results on schedule.
- Demonstrates ability to analyze test data, make recommendations, & effectively share observations to drive solutions.
- Possess a drive to innovate and for continuous skill development.
- Demonstrate creative thinking to identify and solve complex technical problems.
Qualifications/ Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science
- Position requires knowledge of programming in various languages (primarily C, C++).
- Ability to effectively test, analyze, & debug code to ensure the implementation of the most robust & secure solution for a given security architecture.
Security Experience a Plus
- Knowledge of encryption standards & authentication methods to securely manage data being communicated among various firmware & hardware infrastructures.
- Knowledge of secure coding practices & procedures for both security firmware development & implementation.