Field Service Technician - Rochester, NY
Installs, operates, maintains, repairs and modifies equipment. Conducts technical analysis of product implementations, modifications and enhancements to product in accordance with specific customer specifications and implementations.
** Non Traditiional Shift for Retail Client 8:30-5PM Sat Sun Mon Tues and Wed
Troubleshoots technical problems and issues, determines technical solution in accordance with product and customer specifications, and recommends actions to company or customer representatives for coordinate product solution. Assess product needs in accordance with customer specifications. Conducts technical training and product briefing with customers, vendors and company representatives. Acts as local on-site representative to customer's organization.
- Respond to dispatched service calls within Customer SLA commitments
- Accurately diagnose, repair & maintain product(s) and accessories in peak operating condition within published electrical, mechanical and print quality specifications
- Effectively schedule calls to manage SLA requirements across assigned activities
- Ensure regular and effective communications with customers to ensure awareness of call acceptance, ETA, status and closure
- Assist customer with any reported issues or questions on Lexmark product(s) or offerings
- Assist & train other junior technicians as required
- Train Customer on appropriate usage of Lexmark product & features
- Ensure proper repair and maintenance procedures are performed on identified device(s) and Total Service Call Procedures are completed prior to leaving customer site.
- Follow prescribed administration procedures to ensure proper collection and reported of required data, including, but not limited to; call acceptance, status updates, call closure and debrief, parts return and tracking
- Manage customer escalations and ensure appropriate issue resolution leveraging other Lexmark resources and experts as required.
- Manage local part inventory, if available, and ensure accurate tracking of inventory levels and transactions.
- Present a positive image through proper attire, communication skills and personal grooming.
Assumes other special activities, responsibilities, and special projects from time to time as directed.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- 2-5 years in field service or customer break/fix support
- Strong electro-mechanical aptitude
- 1-3 years’ experience servicing printers, hard copy devices, or imaging products
- Lexmark product experience an asset
- 1-3 years’ experience with customer support engagement
- Excellent driving record
- Valid drivers license
- Sound administrative skills
- Ability to properly lift 60 pounds or less frequently
- Microsoft apps experience
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- Ability to solve complex problems
- Ability to manage difficult customer situations
- Customer service orientation
- Positive attitude
- Ability to learn quickly
- High school diploma or GED
- Associates degree or technical college an asset
**This is a work from home position with travel to customer site