The Accountant is responsible for LRDC Site Finance compliance of policies and procedures of Lexmark. He/She continuously evaluates policies, processes, and procedures to ensure effectiveness, consistency, compliance, and makes recommendations for improvement when needed.
The role is responsible for the integrity and accuracy of LRDC’s financial statements. Specific responsibility for the preparation of financial reports, general ledger, reconciliation of balance sheet accounts, balance sheet and profit & loss accounts review, tax, and statutory requirements.
Assists in the performance of the operational requirements/roles of the department.
Identifies significant problems, discrepancies, inefficient or ineffective methods or practices and develops alternative courses of action and recommends appropriate changes, revisions and solutions where applicable.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES / KEY JOB FUNCTIONS:
Support for Monthly Closing Process and Financial Statement Accounts Analysis
- Assist in the review of some balance sheet and income statement accounts
- Support reconciliation and maintains some balance sheet accounts
- Support in the posting of journal entries as needed.
- Submit employee’s final pay journal entries, excess telephone charges, etc.
- Ensures completeness of transactions recorded for the month.
Policies and Process Compliance and Improvement
- Ensures compliance with internal policies and procedures
- Reviews policies and procedures and makes recommendation as appropriate.
- Initiates and identifies projects to improve existing process.
- Oversees projects identified for the team.
Reporting activities with Bureau Internal Revenue (BIR)
- Prepare and submit annual inventory listing.
- Preparation and submission of CAS Reports (Computerized Accounting System) requirements. Process documentation for the renewal of CAS, if needed.
- Submission of Audited Financial Statement.
- Monitor the inventory of Official Receipts, Acknowledgement Receipt & Misc. Sales Invoice.
Reporting activities with Securities & Exchange Commission (SEC).
- Preparation and submission of GFFS.
- Submission of Audited Financial Statement.
- Assist in the requisition of the company documents from SEC.
Cash & Treasury Functions
- Performs monthly cash requirements and fund transfer request. Update Cash Forecast File of the Treasury Team
- Cash Receipts Management. Handle cash receipts, issues ORs for scrap sales, employee excess CA and loans, SSS reimbursements, VAP/Home Loan Liability. Prepares monthly Cash Receipts Summary Report (CRSR) and prepares pro-forma entries. Ensures receipts are deposited to the bank within the day.
- Petty Cash Fund Management. Prepare Petty Cash Replenishment and liquidation, Prepares MIRO for Citibank Card Payment.
- Prepares business checks as needed.
- Releases checks to utility companies and other vendors.
- Act as liaison between Lexmark and partner banks e.g. UBP, Chinabank and BDO.
Non-capital Assets Activities
- Monitoring of the non-capital assets of the employees to ensure that documentations are complete.
- Update the Excel file for the new assets purchase by employees which are not classified under CMDB System.
Vendor Support Activities
- Scanning of invoices related to utilities & statutory. Resolves issues related to scanned invoices.
- Prepare Purchase Orders of utilities, legal, permits and licenses and other expenses specific to LRDC.
- Monitor payment to utilities vendor e.g. Globe, Smart, PLDT/Innove.
LP3 Leasing Activities:
- Prepare statement of account for tenants for security deposits, bonds, rental, etc.
- Process commission payment of brokers.
- Coordinate with the tenants for the documentations needed for customer’s & vendor’s accreditation.
- Coordinate with the Tax Team & CBRE Property Management Team for the LP3 Leasing requirements and reporting.
- Process request for Invoice preparation with the Invoice Team in O2C.
- Assists in the preparation of requirements and to resolve issues for the timely completion of the external financial audit.
- Takes on and manages ad-hoc financial assignments and handle other tasks as required by the immediate superior.
- Prepares Annual Land Rental for Lexmark Plaza 3 and process MIRO for LP3 land rental, LP1 & LP2 additional annual rental. Coordinate with our contacts with Isabela Mariners & Efficient Holdings for billings, payments, etc.
- Update Foreign Exchange Rates in the Site Finance Sharepoint site.
- Update the posting of permits and certificates in the bulleting board for the 3 buildings.
- Process billings of Globe & Smart and computes for the excess charges chargeable to the employees. Submit monthly file to HR for the payroll deduction.
COMPETENCIES, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs (e.g., Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Knowledgeable in financial reporting and tax returns preparation.
- SAP applications experience is an advantage
- Independent and able to work with minimum supervision
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills are must
- Has good command of written and spoken English
- Can handle confidential and sensitive information
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & CERTIFICATIONS BASIC REQUIREMENTS:
- Education : Bachelor of Science in Accountancy or Management Accounting
- Experience: With more than 5 years experience in finance operations with background in accounts payable, account receivables, local statutory requirements, accounting or in financial reporting.
- Licenses & Certifications: preferably Certified Public Accountant