The end of the retail aisle, the "endcap", is a valuable location for highlighting products and promotions. In a typical grocery store, endcaps account for up to 30% of sales, according to Inside the Mind of the Shopper: The Science of Retailing by Dr. Herb Sorensen, Ph.D.
But, keeping endcap promotions fresh can be a challenge. Letter kits are expensive, tedious and limited, and creating print designs are time consuming. With central production, there's little flexibility for localizing promotions and can impact execution if shipments are delayed or if there's an error.
The Lexmark Digital Endcap solution unites software, hardware and services to deliver an affordable and effective approach to endcap promotions and strategies. Using large-format digital displays, you can simplify the logistics behind endcap promotions and solve many of the challenges associated with printed endcap signs, including localizing content and correcting errors on the fly.
- Faster and easier endcap promotions: Eliminate the need to create and produce printed materials or manually re-letter signs week after week. Our solution integrates with your product data library so you can create endcap displays—as needed—with content that’s already in your system.
- Better execution, better merchandising: Gain a simplified process for executing endcap promotions at the store level and publish true retail signage to cross-sell, upsell and pair products on your endcaps.
- Instant updates, immediate results: Eliminate the hard costs of shipping while gaining the flexibility to have the right sign available when it’s needed.
- The more (promotions) the merrier: Easily promote more than one product on your endcaps by using the handheld scanner to select the sign template that accommodates the type of promotion you need.
- Automate content creation to skip design hassles: Our system integrates with product and pricing databases to populate signs using the most current data available. Not only is design production eliminated, but sign content is always accurate and in sync with your registers.
- Efficient tasks that don’t block the aisles: In many stores, endcap signs are placed above the reach of your employees. That means when it’s time for a change, there’s usually a ladder involved. With our solution, associates can make changes using the handheld application with two feet on the ground.
The Lexmark Digital Endcap solution is fully managed solution. That way, you can focus on retailing and leave the software, hardware and services to us.
- The right equipment for your environment: We’ve carefully researched digital sign hardware and have taken all the factors into account: cost, reliability, energy efficiency, fit to retail fixtures, brightness and glare. Our teams install, maintain and manage the repairs of the hardware.
- Your cloud solution set up and run by us: We’ll work with your design team to define the look and feel of your signs and your store employees will update the endcap promotions, but everything else—the software updates, ongoing maintenance and security—is managed by our team of experts.
- One system for all in-store signage: Our digital endcap solution works seamlessly with the Lexmark Print and Digital Signage solution. Take advantage of one system for all in-store signage, from endcap displays to shelf-edge signs and labels—both print and digital.