Installing the All-In-One software
Use the CD that comes with the All-In-One to install the All-In-One software, or download the software from the Lexmark Web site at www.lexmark.com.
Using the All-In-One software CD
- Close all open software applications.
- Insert the All-In-One software CD. The 4300 Series Installer icon is created on the desktop.
- Double-click the 4300 Series Installer icon. The 4300 Series Installer dialog appears. On this dialog are the Install icon, the Lexmark Extras folder, and the Lexmark 4300 Series Help icon.
- Double-click the Install icon.
- In Mac OS X version 10.2.3, complete the authentication notice, and then click OK. In Mac OS X version 10.3, a message informs you the Installer package needs to run a program to determine whether the All-In-One software can be installed. Click Continue.
- Click Continue to start the installation process. You are guided through the Introduction and Readme files. Click Continue in each of the dialogs.
- Click Agree to accept the terms of the Software License Agreement and to continue installing the software.
- Select a destination disk for the All-In-One software, and then click Continue.
- Click Install. Provide your password or passphrase, and then click OK. The Lexmark 4300 Series folder is created on the desktop.
If an older version of the All-In-One software is already installed, click Upgrade. |
Using the software from the Lexmark Web site
- Go to the Lexmark Web site, www.lexmark.com.
- On the home page, click drivers & downloads.
- Navigate through the menu selection.
- Select the printer and your computer operating system.
- Click Download Now.
- When downloading is finished, a message informs you that the installer package needs to run a program to determine whether it can be installed. Click Continue.
- Follow the instructions on the computer screen to start the installation process.
- Choose a language for the All-In-One software, and then click Continue.
This step is required only when the current language settings for your operating system are not supported by the All-In-One software. |
- Choose the country or region nearest you, and then click Continue.
- If there is no printer attached, or if there are two or more direct-connect or networked printers attached, the Printer Selection dialog appears. Follow the instructions on the computer screen to complete printer selection.
- Click OK. The Cartridge Verification dialog appears.
- Specify the cartridge settings, and then click OK.
- The All-In-One software installation is complete. You can:
- Register the All-In-One on the Internet.
- Print a test page to observe the All-In-One in action.
- Check the Lexmark Web site for offers (United States and Canada only).
- In Mac OS X version 10.3, a message informs you the All-In-One is not supported in Classic. Click OK.
- In Mac OS X version 10.2.3:
- When using the All-In-One software CD, a message informs you the All-In-One is not supported in Classic, and you must install ESP Ghostscript to be able to print PostScript files. Click Continue. The ESP Ghostscript Installer will launch. Follow the instructions on the computer screen to complete installation of ESP Ghostscript.
ESP Ghostscript, the application that converts PostScript files to printable format, is needed to print PostScript files in Mac OS X version 10.2.3 or later. |
- When using the software from the Lexmark Web site, a message informs you the All-In-One is not supported in Classic, and you must install ESP Ghostscript to be able to print PostScript files. Select Download the latest version of ESP Ghostscript installer from the Web. Click Continue. The default Web browser will launch and point to the URL containing the downloadable ESP Ghostscript.
You are now ready to start using the Lexmark 4300 Series All-In-One.
Removing the All-In-One software
Installing the All-In-One add-on software