Maidenhead, UK. January 4, 2018
- Lexmark International, Inc., a global technology leader, today announced that it has been chosen by Leicestershire Partnership NHS Trust (LPT) as its supplier of choice for Managed Print Services (MPS).
- Lexmark will implement a flexible smart MPS platform to enable future digital transformation strategies. This will further aid the Trust’s drive towards interoperability and paperless working environments, whilst supporting the need to use resources efficiently and effectively.
- This partnership comes at a time where the next phase of the Lord Carter review of operational productivity and performance has moved onto a specific review of the NHS community and mental health trusts; LPT is one of a cohort of 20 trusts participating in the benchmarking criteria for an ‘optimal model,’ including how these organisations are improving productivity and efficiency.
- The first stage of the ‘paperlite’ journey is to implement a robust MPS framework, whilst ensuring this investment is future-proofed to allow more strategic workflow optimisation and digitisation initiatives to be deployed, either in combination from the outset or later in the future.
- Lexmark has an extensive understanding of technology, industry expertise and knowledge of business processes, which will help LPT identify ways to streamline the flow of information in both paper and digital form throughout the Trust.
- With an annual budget in excess of £250m and employing over 5,500 staff, LPT serves a population of one million across Leicestershire, providing high quality integrated mental health, learning disability and community health services.
- “As part of our review of the market it was imperative LPT chose a partner that understood the distributed environment our staff work in. It was clear to the trust that Lexmark could offer a full range of services for managing a distributed fleet environment which particularly suited to our multi-location organisation. Another key consideration in the review process was their approach to security, which was robust and comprehensive. We are confident that Lexmark will become a valuable partner as we go on a digital transformation journey with them.” Sarah Holliehead – Head of Procurement – Leicestershire Partnership NHS Trust
- “Lexmark is a market leader in this field and has a successful track record in delivering large scale contracts to some of the most diverse and complex organisations across the globe. Our year on year global MPS contract retention rate is testament to our ability to deliver service excellence and continuous improvement. The UK healthcare marketplace is experiencing a time of unprecedented change and financial pressures, and Lexmark's solutions offer an unrivalled platform to support the drive towards process optimisation and a paperlite environment.”– Sunny Lee, Managing Director, Lexmark Global Services, UK & Ireland
Leicestershire Partnership NHS Trust
Lexmark creates innovative imaging solutions and technologies that help customers worldwide print, secure and manage information with ease, efficiency and unmatched value. Open the possibilities at www.lexmark.co.uk.
Lexmark and the Lexmark logo are trademarks of Lexmark International, Inc., registered in the U.S. and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.