Maidenhead, UK. December 1, 2017
- Lexmark International, Inc., a global technology leader, today announced that it has been chosen by Aintree University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust as its supplier of choice for Managed Print Services (MPS).
- Lexmark will implement a flexible smart MPS platform to enable future digital transformation strategies. This will further aid the NHS’s drive towards interoperability and paperless working environments, whilst supporting the need to use resources efficiently and effectively.
- Aintree University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust’s clinical and IT stakeholders strongly supported Lexmark as their preferred partner to drive continuous improvement in service, efficiency and cost, based on Lexmark’s technical offering and customer service.
- The first stage of the ‘paperlite’ journey is to implement a robust MPS framework, whilst ensuring this investment is future-proofed to allow more strategic workflow optimisation and digitisation initiatives to be deployed, either in combination from the outset or in the future.
- Data and information are both critical for managing quality and efficiency performance across the care pathway. To correctly manage quality and efficiency on a regular basis, seamless real-time data is needed, which requires investment in interoperable information technology. Lexmark’s MPS platform will provide Aintree University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust with an additional layer of transparency and control across its document environment.
- Aintree University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust provides general acute healthcare to 330,000 residents in North Merseyside and its surrounding areas. The Trust works with partners to provide a range of services in community settings including rheumatology, ophthalmology and alcohol services.
- The Trust’s major capital project is a £35m Urgent Care and Trauma development, which is creating a state-of-the-art Emergency Departments, along with major trauma, critical care and cardiology facilities, and other services for the region’s most seriously-ill patients.
- Aintree University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust is a teaching hospital associated with the University of Liverpool, and a tertiary centre providing specialist services to around 1.5m residents in Merseyside, Cheshire, South Lancashire, North Wales and the Isle of Man. Tertiary services include respiratory medicine, rheumatology, maxillofacial and liver surgery - all of which have world-class reputations.
- “Lexmark was a clear leader in our review of the market. They have aligned their offering to fully service the requirements of the NHS. Lexmark’s comprehensive understanding of our key drivers meant they were the right company to partner with. We can clearly demonstrate this project will deliver cost savings, transparency and workflow optimisation.” John Speight – Head of IT – Aintree University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust.
- Lexmark is proud to provide solutions that help the UK healthcare marketplace deal with unprecedented change and financial pressures, supporting their drive towards process optimisation and a paperlite environment.”– Sunny Lee, Managing Director, Lexmark Global Services, UK & Ireland
Aintree University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
Lexmark creates innovative imaging solutions and technologies that help customers worldwide print, secure and manage information with ease, efficiency and unmatched value. Open the possibilities at www.lexmark.co.uk.
Lexmark, the Lexmark logo and Open the possibilities are trademarks of Lexmark International, Inc., registered in the U.S. and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners/.