BigMachines Solution Engineer
BigMachines is a web-based application designed to streamline sales configuration, quoting, and ordering processes for companies that sell complex products through multiple sales channels. The BigMachines Solution Engineer works with key business resources and technical resources to identify needs, craft solutions, and implement technology in BigMachines to allow business partners to be more efficient and effective. This role typically has the following responsibilities:
- Works with key resources to understand and document their requirements
- Crafts solution alternatives to meet the needs of the business
- Configures the BigMachines application to satisfy user needs
- Works with on-shore and off-shore developers to insure appropriate delivery of the technology solution
- Gathers data and rules required from within the organization
- Sets up and maintains integrations to existing business systems
- Develops training materials and trains users on the application
- Provides front-line user support for the BigMachines implementation
- Participates in the team’s Scrum process.
A BigMachines Solution Engineer is a senior technical product expert who understands a company’s products and services and also has significant expertise in Salesforce.com and its integration with BigMachines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- BigMachines Blue Belt certification
- Salesforce.com admin/developer certification
- Able to self-train quickly and pick up new skills as necessary
- Strong problem solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills to set up and interpret logic, data tables and rule relationships
- Strong general computer skills (Microsoft Office including Excel, and web applications)
- High level of general aptitude and motivation
- Desire to learn and apply leading edge web technologies.
- 2+ years of experience in designing and implementing BigMachines solutions
- 2+ years of experience in SFDC and its integration with BigMachines
- 10+ years of experience in IT and technology
- College graduate in a technical field preferably computer science or engineering
- Background and experience in BigMachines, Salesforce.com, and web or other programming languages (such as HTML, XML, XSLT, Excel Macros, Visual Basic, Perl, C++, Java)
- Knowledge of user interface design and web design constraints
- Understanding of Agile/Scrum methodologies and their interaction with business processes.