Professional Services Implementation Engineer (Healthcare)
Armed with patented integration technology, Perceptive is an aggressive and fast-growing competitor in the marketplace. Due to this growth, we are expanding our Professional Services team and are seeking additional Implementation Engineers.
Perceptive Software is seeking individuals who want to work with a variety of technologies, in various industries across the U.S. and abroad. If implementing state-of-the-art process and storage management software, tackling new challenges, and helping customers get the most out of their technology and business processes sounds appealing, we’ve got the job for you.
Implementation Engineers are highly visible at Perceptive Software. They design and deliver process and content management solutions to our customer base. As part of our unique business approach, Implementation Engineers educate users and equip customers with the skills to make our solutions their own. To prepare for your new role, you will participate in an orientation program that includes attending software training and shadowing experienced Implementation Engineers in solution design and software installation. As part of a rapidly growing company, you will be encouraged to develop professional and technical skills while being given opportunities for advancement.
Implementation Engineer core competencies include the ability to:
- Successfully design, implement and integrate a software solution for a variety of different industries and customer environments. Implementation Engineers design and document functional details and share these with customers and the Perceptive Software project team
- Perform more technical activities, including software deployment, configuration, testing, troubleshooting and system administrator/end-user training
- Work with Project Managers and other Implementation Engineers as a collaborative team to deliver quality solutions to our customers. As contributing members of their project teams, Implementation Engineers prepare the customer for the onsite implementation and help control project scope. Implementation Engineers are also expected to thoroughly document all functional and technical aspects of system implementations and to communicate accomplishments and issues to Project Managers and customers on a daily/weekly basis.
- Bring a new perspective and willingness to share new ideas and approaches
- Creative thinking to solve business problems
Desired Skills & Experience
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, along with strong organizational and presentation abilities
- The ideal candidate is self-motivated, analytical and possesses excellent troubleshooting skills and leadership qualities
- A college degree is preferred. Minimum of five years similar experience is required if no college degree
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a product support, repair or troubleshooting capacity
- Experience implementing or supporting commercial software application packages in healthcare
- Computer savvy and familiarity with computer hardware acquisition and configuration
- The ability to work on many projects and project teams simultaneously
- Understanding of relational database concepts
- Understanding of Windows operating systems
- Stable work history; demonstrate ability to stay with a job
- Valid Driver’s license
- Must have permanent U.S. work authorization. Unable to sponsor or transfer H1B visas for this position.
- Preferred but not limited to Bloomington, MN office location.
- Approximately 25% travel
- Travel schedule may vary based on business need
Priority consideration will also be given to candidates whose resumes clearly demonstrate candidate’s knowledge and experience in the following:
- Experience with healthcare-related workflow and components (RIS, PACS, VNA)
- Working knowledge of HL7 and DICOM protocol and other healthcare related integration standards (IHE, HIE, XDS)
- Application software: Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Access), MS Visio
- Operating systems: Microsoft Windows 2008 and above
- Database systems: Microsoft SQL Server 2008 and above
- Understanding of network connectivity
- Internet technologies: Tomcat, IIS
- Understanding of Load Balancing
- Programming concepts: VBScript, HTML, or XML
- Other duties as assigned