Account Executive (Enterprise Software Government) CA/West Coast Region
Responsible for generating sales for assigned Government accounts via the End User channel. Contacts/visits existing and prospective customers. Builds and maintains network of colleagues, partners and customers to share information and obtain prospects. Observes and participates in presenting products and/or services that can benefit customer's needs. Demonstrates knowledge of the organization's entire product line; may have more in-depth knowledge on a subset of products and/or services.
- Generate incremental revenue for Enterprise Software by helping to establish and execute a strategic plan to market and sell for Government Solutions within the territory assigned and customer population.
- Knowledge of strategies for government as well a current government information systems technology and of government industry and trends
- Create and implement a strategic plan to provide account management, focusing on new customer acquisition within the customer base
- Develop measurable goals to track and trend results on the overall plan and revenue opportunities
- Position, market and sell Enterprise Software for Government Solutions directly to end-users
- Full utilization of internal customer relationship management system and forecasting tools
- Attend Training to grow both Enterprise Software knowledge and Government industry expertise
- Develop an understanding of industry trends and relevant business drivers in the Government industry
- Attendance and participation in Trade Shows
- Bachelors in Healthcare, Business or Computer Science or related experience
- Sales and/or business development experience preferably in the content management field and in large scale opportunities within the government sector.
- Experience in working with major system integrators resulting in direct and/or prime-subcontractor relationships
- A thorough understanding of government legislative processes as it pertains to the life cycle of legislation, especially the appropriations process
- Notable experience and a thorough understanding of contracting with enterprise level organizations and agencies
- The ability to develop and maintain relationships at the “C” level of government agencies
- Specific abilities to drive results through partners, preferably with system integrators while representing an enterprise software organization with the end client
- The candidate must become familiar with and be able to intelligently lead prospective customers through discussions about Document technologies and their impact on organizations' processes. Topics potentially discussed include the applicability of these technologies to functional operations across virtually all organizational departments such as constituent services, integrated eligibility, child welfare, accounting, and human resources.
- Aptitude for illustrating applied software technology solutions at an executive and/or practice level
- The ideal candidate must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to articulate technical solutions in a concise and polished manner to a diverse audience. Most importantly, the candidate must demonstrate the ability to listen to the customer and appropriately match the customer's needs with EnterpriseSoftware's products and services, or be willing to direct the customer to the best solution.
- Prior experience in managing and driving political consultants for the benefit of the territory is preferred.