Environmental Health and Safety Engineer
Lexmark International, Inc. has an immediate need for an Environmental Engineer based at its Boulder, Colorado location. The Boulder site develops and implements new toner and photoconductor technologies, and manufactures the resulting products for our worldwide laser print cartridge operations.
This position will be responsible for insuring compliance to all federal, state and local environmental regulations, and Lexmark policies for; Air Emissions, Industrial Waste Water, and Hazardous Waste, as its area of specialization within the EH&S organization. Responsibilities will include but are not limited to;
- Site compliance with EPA Clean Air Act and Colorado Air Quality Control regulations. Identification and evaluation of new regulations.
- Prepare and submit required environmental reports, APENS, permit applications, modifications and self-certification with a high degree of attention to detail and quality.
- Submission and monthly updates of the Lexmark Operation & Maintenance Plan.
- Maintain annual emissions inventory, performs complex calculations and process mass balances. Calculation of site green house gas emissions and carbon footprint.
- Compile and provide compliance reports for Colorado AQC Regulation 7.
- Primary contact and resource for regulatory air inspection audits.
- Interface with appropriate State, City, and County regulatory agencies.
- Site compliance with EPA Clean Water Act and City of Boulder Waste Water regulations. Identification and evaluation of new regulations. Insure compliance with Industrial Waste Water Permit. Renew permit as required.
- Primary contact and resource for ensuring effective treatment of Lexmark Industrial Waste Water (IWW) by the IBM IWW treatment plant.
- Prepare and submit monthly and semi-annual IWW monitoring reports to the City of Boulder POTW.
- Coordinate IWW sampling conducted by local government agency.
- Evaluate site processes and waste waters generated to determine and negotiate treatment of waste water by the IBM IWW facility or City of Boulder POTW.
- Primary contact and resource for regulatory IWW inspections and audits.
- Working knowledge of Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) Subtitle C, EPA Hazardous Waste regulations.
- Evaluate and make waste determinations for all waste streams from the manufacturing processes, laboratories, maintenance and site activities.
- Create, update, or maintain Hazardous Waste Profiles.
- Coordinate and track all Hazardous Waste shipments, manifests, land ban forms and UHC.
- Assure all hazardous waste is removed from the site within 90 days of the accumulation date.
- Prepare and submit Biennial Hazardous Waste report to the State of Colorado.
- Assist in developing training for RCRA “hazmat employee”.
- Primary contact and resource for regulatory State of Colorado Hazardous Waste inspections and audits.
- Annual “Sustainability Report”.
- Preparation and submission of EPCRA 311/312 and TRI 313 reports and notifications.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, production floor, or outdoors.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science, Chemical Engineering, or closely related technical field.
- Prefer five years of professional experience in effectively implementing and managing Environmental programs in an industrial environment.
- Knowledge of relevant Federal Government regulations and requirements in the above program areas. Familiarity with the State of Colorado regulations preferred.
- Ability to develop and implement programs to assure environmental compliance at all levels of the organization.
- Proactively communicates to assure effective environmental program implementation across the site.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-directed, and a strong ability to work independently.
- Ability to present program status to Boulder and Corporate management.
- Limited travel as required.
- Skilled in the use of Excel, PowerPoint, and Word software programs.