Sr. Global Strategic Sourcing Category Manager- Logistics
Sales & Account Management
Lexington, KY USA
The Global Strategic Sourcing Category Manager – Logistics is responsible for managing spend, its suppliers, internal stakeholders and the sourcing strategy specific to North America Logistics including inbound, outbound, parcel and warehousing. The assigned spend category constitutes significant opportunity with global responsibility. Scope of the role includes strategic sourcing, sourcing execution, and supplier management. The Strategic Sourcing Category Manager – Logistics is responsible for implementing strategic initiatives and sourcing strategies to reduce spend, improve value, ensure legal compliance and maintain sources of supply.
Through the management of global, cross-functional teams, the Strategic Sourcing Category Manager – Logistics is responsible for driving the creation of a formal sourcing strategy for review and approval by key stakeholders and the Lexmark leadership team.
The sphere of influence can extend to category managers, peers, team members, geos, corporate functions and key business stakeholders to engage their support for strategy approval and implementation. The Strategic Sourcing Category Manager Logistics has oversight regarding the supplier selection, relationships with suppliers and is responsible for commercial aspects including negotiations, contracts, partnerships and supplier performance management. The Strategic Sourcing Manager – Logistics insures delivery against savings targets at required quality and service levels.
• Support the regional and global strategy formulation for Transportation and Implement it across North America Region.
• Ensure Strategy and Projects Execution; Drive Productivity and DPO improvement through Simplification, Scale, and Operational Excellence.
• In charge of Bids, negotiation and acting as first point of contact for the Regional and Local leads, the Market and Suppliers.
• Control Procurement logistics negotiations across North America Region: Transportation Inbound (Raw and Pack) and Outbound (Finished Goods), all modes (IM, OTR, Rail, Air, Sea).
• Lead Regional logistics projects and acting as procurement point of contact.
• Elaborate Bid documentation (Bid Records/Waivers and SAF) and send documents for approval as per the Procurement Policy definitions.
• Participate as active player in Global initiatives and ensure the correct follow up and implementation.
• Work with Legal department to set up the corresponding contracts and ensure its compliment and standardization across North America Region.
• Be responsible for market analysis as demand and capacity volumes, inflation, industry insights, market trends and act as a key element on building the annual transportation budgets.
1. Analyze Category Spend (5% of Time)
2. Understand Business needs (10% of Time)
3. Analyze Industry (15% of Time)
4. Develop sourcing strategy (25% of Time)
5. Execute sourcing strategy (20% of Time)
6. Change management (5% of Time)
7. Manage suppliers (5% of Time)
Relationships (Internal and External)
• Suppliers (Weekly)
• Logistics Operations team (Daily)
• Regional, Global Operations teams (Weekly)
• Regional Procurement Team: Category Leads and Spend area Leadership team (Weekly)
• Procurement and Logistics Finance (Monthly)
• Global/Regional COE Logistics Leadership Team (Monthly)
• Bachelor's degree required; Degree in Business, Procurement or Logistics preferred
• Experience working with virtual teams (Min 1 YR)
• Logistics expertise: Warehouse and Transportation(Min 3 YR)
• Project Management (Min 1 YR)
• Experience working with sourcing tools such as Ariba/SAP or similar (Min 1 YR)
• Negotiation skills
• Winning attitude
• Confident, creative and comfortable communicating at all levels.
• High levels of empathy and understanding as well as a good degree of personal authority and professionalism.
• Able to influence others at same or higher level without formal authority.
5 years of experience in operating in a global business.
7-10 years of experience managing Logistics
Ability to develop and influence optimized strategies and establish financial targets
Proven track record of cost savings
Location: Lexington, KY