Chemical Engineer Student-Toner (summer upperclassman)
This Intern will be responsible to work with the teams to maintain, improve, and implement into manufacturing process equipment and robust toner products and processes.
- Capital & Expense Projects: Work with Toner Mfg Engineering team, Design Engineering Firm, Construction Trade Contractors, and Maintenance to design, develop, install and start up new chemical unit operations for toner manufacturing while completing the project’s scope on schedule & within budget.
- Mfg Process Projects: Work with Toner Mfg and Product Engineering Teams to improve toner mfg process quality, capacity, or reliability.
- Lean Projects: Utilize lean problem solving tools to improve toner manufacturing operations. Focus on Total Productive Maintenance.
- Product Engineering Projects: Work with Development and Product Engineering teams to design, conduct, and analyze designed experiments on laboratory, pilot plant and full scale chemical unit operations to support existing products, scale up or implement into manufacturing of functional optimizations, cost reductions, raw material changes for continuity of supply and technology projects.
- Use skills in chemical and polymer engineering and powder processing such as mass balance, heat and mass transfer, fluid dynamics, kinetics, mixing, thermodynamics and chemistry to solve functional problems with materials or processing problems.
- Junior level college student pursuing a B.S. Degree in Chemical Engineering
- GPA greater than 3.25
- Self-motivated, customer committed individual with strong work ethic
- Excellent leadership and problem solving skills
- Superior interpersonal and teamwork
- Outstanding oral and written communications