Cloud Data Architect
Engineering & Design
Lexington, KY USA
The Cloud Data Architect should have experience working and supporting cloud services and a pragmatic mindset focused on translating functional and non-functional requirements into viable architectures. Also, the Cloud Data Architect thrives in a collaborative and agile environment with an ability to learn new concepts easily.
- Coordinate requirements from Product Owners to develop Functional and Technical Designs
- Develop plans to integrate and enhance current data infrastructures for our growing cloud offerings.
- Enhance data security on Lexmark’s platform.
- Integrate with Cloud Engineers and Developers to implement data engineering platforms and solutions from a wide variety of data sources using open-source, AWS, Azure, or GCP ‘big data’ frameworks and services.
- Deliver Proofs-of-Concept to validate the data architecture with Research and Development teams.
- Continually increase the capability of the platform.
- Provide leadership and coaching to software teams on data-related issues and support for data infrastructure needs discovered during customer engagements/testing.
- Provide consulting and materials software teams for best practices around data usage and management.
- Help maintain optimal data pipeline architecture.
High-level skills required:
- Experience in building a scalable end-to-end data infrastructure to create custom solutions.
- Strong understanding of data infrastructure and distributed computing principles.
- Proficient at implementing data processing workflows.
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets
- Good understanding of data governance and how regulations impact data storage, retention, and processing such as GDPR
- Ability to identify and select the right tools for a given problem, such as knowing when to use a relational or non-relational database
- Working knowledge of non-relational and row/columnar based relational databases
- Experience with Machine Learning toolkits preferred
- Delivering production-scale data engineering solutions leveraging one or more cloud services
- Confidently taking responsibility for the technical output of a project
- Solid communication skills: You can clearly articulate the vision and confidently communicate with all stakeholder levels.
-Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related major
-Minimum 3 years of experience as a developer, engineer, data architect in cloud application development
-Demonstrable expertise and proficiency in writing PLSQL preferably in Oracle
-3+ years of experience with SQL databases Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL. Understanding and experience with NoSQL databases like Cassandra, MongoDB, DynamoDB, and cloud databases like Azure SQL, Redshift
-3+ years of experience with data processing techniques
-1+ years of experience in Data Engineering using ETL / ELT patterns, Data Pipelining, moving data between clouds or on-premise to Cloud, and cloud pipelining with Azure Data Factory
Experience with CI / CD processes using Jenkins, Selenium, Docker, Kubernetes
-2+ years of experience in building scalable business web applications in AWS or Azure Cloud with at least 1 demonstrable full-application development life-cycle experience
-Experience designing and implementing Enterprise Data Warehouses (EDW) and related technologies
-Experience in building solutions that integrate multiple Cloud services through APIs
-Experience in working with distributed teams, off-shore development teams
-Experience with cloud platforms (AWS, Azure), including readiness, provisioning, security, and governance preferred (but not required)
-Have strong interpersonal skills to work in a team