The Systems Engineer also known as a Pre-Sales Engineer/Technical Specialist ensures that the customer is able to leverage Lexmark products and solutions in their environments, resolve technical challenges, positively influence customer satisfaction and influence business and sales objectives from a technical perspective.
This is achieved through the following:
- Developing industry specific knowledge, along with an understanding of Lexmark products and services
- Supporting the Sales and Marketing team through direct external customer interaction. This includes pre-sales and solutions development activities as well as contributing to the overall sales strategy
- Assisting with resolving post sales issues in an external customer environment ideally in a proactive manner
- Managing and cultivating ongoing external customer, Sales Team and product development relationships
- Contributing to the advancement of the Technical Specialist role within Lexmark by exhibiting role model behaviors and demonstrating leadership in management and self-initiated projects
- Work closely with external customer’s technical staff and executives to understand their business process and leveraging Lexmark solutions in their environment
- Support the Sales and Marketing team by driving sales opportunities with the customer
- Develop and effectively deliver training presentations to various group sizes and various levels in a customer's organization
- Clearly communicate complex technical ideas to a wide variety of both technical and non-technical business stakeholders
- Effectively manage customer escalations throughout all phases of the sales and post-sales cycles to resolution
- Effectively manage a designated territory that will include travel
- In conjunction with the Sales organization, develop ongoing account management and growth strategies and approaches
- Provide responses to Product Marketing and Development organizations on the customer experience with Lexmark products and solutions
- This position requires a blend of sales and technical skills
- Working knowledge of multiple server operating systems including Microsoft Windows, Citrix, Apple macOS, UNIX/Linux, OS/400/iSeries/IBM i, mainframe, and mid-range systems.
- Basic knowledge of software driver implementation, IP schemas and network protocols
- Basic understanding of network/server technologies and the challenges associated with delivering networked/server-based applications
- Excellent skills in MS Office Suite including, word processing,
- spreadsheet, presentation software, Microsoft Visio, Microsoft SQL, Firebird DB preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to apply a systematic approach to problem solving through analysis of the problem and evaluation of alternative solutions with clear concise documentation
- Results oriented and self-motivated, with the ability to balance business considerations while meeting business deadlines
- The role requires strong technical, interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills
The following certifications are a plus:
CompTIA A+, Security+, Network+
MCSE / MCP / MCSA
Relocation assistance is not provided for this position.