As the Data Modeler, you will be responsible for driving business and technical discussions to define/design/deliver the data model to support the required analytics. You will communicate with the stakeholder, business analyst and developers. This position requires understanding
of business processes and a great knowledge of technical architecture. This position is focused on Service Analytics, which includes managed assets, service call metrics and predictive analytics.
- Experience in data modeling principles/methods including conceptual, logical & physical data models
- Strong hands-on experience in in Oracle SQL and PL/SQL development
- Lead code review and deployment sessions
- Establishes standards and guidelines for coding, performance optimization, documentation, quality assurance and production support.
- Advocates continuous improvement including identification of opportunities, adoption of best practices and standards.
- Create and maintain SQL queries and routines, work with complex data models and object relational database mapping.
- Work with analytics solution consumers, business analysts and developers to create initial model requirements (grains, additive and non-additive measures, conformed attributes, etc.).
- Assist the development team in the design, development, testing, tuning and implementation of database applications.
- Follows process and project methodology, ensuring proper implementation and adoption.
- Coordination with offshore teams
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required
- 5-7 years related work experience
- At least 2 years experience with:
- SQL Server Databases and Warehousing
- Write complex queries, design and develop ETL processes
- Hands on experience with schema design and dimensional data modeling
- Working knowledge of Azure Dev/Ops and source control using GIT.
- Experience in Customer Services and/or Field Services area would be a plus
- Experience in D365 and PowerBI would be a plus
- Ability to organize information, manage tasks and projects to support business needs
- Demonstrated ability to interface effectively with intermediate levels of management
- Ability to flexibly accept dynamically changing priorities
Knowledge, skills & abilities:
- Ability to organize, prioritize work, meet deadlines, and work independently
- Ability to handle multiple projects and activities in a timely, organized manner
- Requires technical and management skills appropriate to the position
- Requires strong oral and written communication skills
- Must be a creative problem solver, flexible, proactive, and work in a fast paced, ever changing environment
- Ability to facilitate meetings and action plans
- Must be a strong team player
*Relocation assistance will not be offered for this position