Distribution Sales Representative
Lexmark is seeking a Distributor Account Manager for our North American Channel Organization. The person in this role will have primary responsibility for the Lexmark relationship with our distributor partner, Tech Data, located in Clearwater, FL. Other distributor relationships may also be part of this job description. This individual will build and maintain relationships within assigned distributors at ALL levels.
- Responsible for generating sales of Lexmark printer hardware, options, supplies, extended warranties and parts
- Able to articulate and drive the Lexmark hardware, solutions and software value-proposition internally with distributor sales and marketing personnel, as well as, externally, with reseller partners while at distributor shows
- Conduct sales trainings to educate distributor sales personnel on Lexmark products, solutions and software at all Tech Data U.S. locations
- Responsible for monitoring and maintaining adequate inventory levels to support run-rate and large account opportunities
- Work with Lexmark supply chain and order management teams on product allocation and availability
- Work with Lexmark large account sales teams to coordinate and execute on product delivery through the designated distributor
- Work with Lexmark channel team to drive SMB sales through reseller channels
- Responsible for marketing Lexmark products and solutions through distributor marketing vehicles through responsible use of a market development fund (MDF)
- Measure ROI of said marketing programs
Administrative duties include, but are not limited to…end-user opportunity reporting, market-share reporting, monthly hardware and supplies forecasts, loading of special bid and promotions pricing and involvement with accounts receivable as necessary.
Experience and Education Expectations of a Successful Candidate:
- At least 5 years of distribution/channel related experience preferred
- At least 5 years of sales experience
- Well-developed sales skills along with a proven track record of successful selling
- Technical knowledge and a sound understanding of channel/distribution concept is expected
- Experience in IT/ Technical products industry is preferred as well as prior experience in working with distributor and reseller channel in North America.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Excellent relationship building skills - ability to interact and communicate with all levels of management
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Advanced presentation skills
- Inventory management skills
- Proficiency with all Microsoft Office products
- Bachelor's degree preferred
*Candidate should be based in/commutable to Clearwater, FL for close proximity to the primary customer location.
*This position is for a remote/work from home hire in the Clearwater, FL area who will be expected to travel to call on customers visiting the Tech Data Clearwater campus on a weekly basis.
*Relocation Assistance not provided for this position.