Sr. Technical Project Manager
This role is responsible for coordinating, planning, and executing technical projects / program activities related to, among other things, cloud services automation, IaaS, ML, and AI. Practical knowledge of developing and operationalizing cloud-based infrastructure / SaaS solutions is essential to being successful in this role. Must work effectively with key business and IT teams to ensure strategic capabilities are delivered on time/budget to enable company objectives. Serve as the primary technical point of contact for all project initiatives related to cloud automation, modernization and transformation. Work with IT Architects and Solution Delivery teams to provide high quality strategic solutions that support current and future business needs. Must possess extensive knowledge and expertise in the use of project management methodologies and tools, resource management practices and have practical experience in driving successful projects/programs in a matrixed environment. Must also be an effective communicator (written and oral).
Major Areas of Accountability:
- Provide thought leadership to every aspect of the project execution process
- Oversee the timely and cost effective delivery of technical solutions that support business projects.
- Coordinate, manage, and track all assigned task at a detailed level.
- Communicate effectively with technical team members, Project Managers, Business key users, and upper management on a regular basis to provide status updates.
- Work with IT Architects, developers, and enterprise application technical leads to implement fully implement, deploy and operationalize cloud infrastructure to support new and existing systems and applications.
- Manage and track detail project plan and schedule to ensure committed delivery dates are met and projects remain on schedule.
- Undergraduate Bachelor’s Degree in engineering/science related field
- PMP Certification
- 6Sigma Certification (a plus)
Work Experience / Skills:
- 10+ years of project management experience in a complex, high growth, enterprise software environment
- Practical experience and thorough understanding of Scaled Agile.
- Hand-on experience with cloud-based software (SaaS) and data analytic
- Able to lead cross-functional and cross-company teams to deliver products and projects on tight deadlines
- Proven track record of taking ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired
- Experience coordinating complex product development cycles and software development schedules
- History of stellar teamwork but also willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated experience working with all levels of the organization
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions and recommendations and to drive actions
- Prior experience in the manufacturing / industrial automation industry is strongly preferred, but not required
- Ability to analyze complex ideas or requirements and distill them into functional sustainable processes
- Must possess the ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner to target audiences at all levels
- Confident, diplomatic and credible presence for liaising with a wide range of stakeholders at all levels of the organization
- Acute business acumen and technical understanding of IoT, ML, and Digital Twin methodology
- Organized and able to function at all three levels of the enterprise; tactical, operational, and strategic
- Entrepreneurial disposition to problem solving
- Works well independently or in a team
*Post Covid-19, this position can work remotely, but will need to occassionaly be onsite for team meetings; therefore have the ability to travel onsite frequently.